Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Picked up a VX3

jimmyzr1

Ok, so I just picked VX3 that was a "closet queen" in like new condition except the coil had a couple of small scuffs on it. I got it for $500 but had to drive 1.5 hours to get it. So my question is: How do I get out to use it initially? Can I just turn it on and go? or how difficult is it to get it working to find deep coins or jewelry?

I would do a program restore, then select the stock coin and jewelry program and go hunting. You can adjust your RX Gain, sensitivity, recovery speed , etc as you become more comfortable with it. You might have to adjust your RX gain if you have EMI issues or something that makes it seem chatty depending on your ground. Good Luck.

If you call Whites, they can walk you through resetting your unit the way it was as new. I could tell you how, but would rather they do it.:wiggle:

jimmyzr1 said:
Ok, so I just picked VX3 that was a "closet queen" in like new condition except the coil had a couple of small scuffs on it. I got it for $500 but had to drive 1.5 hours to get it. So my question is: How do I get out to use it initially? Can I just turn it on and go? or how difficult is it to get it working to find deep coins or jewelry?
Was it heavy?............................................................Hehe.!!!...As long as it is not a Drag Queen!