Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just picked up a whites dual field pi and hit the beach for some testing

Trackerman

Well lately I've been getting into beach hunting more and more and picked up a dual field from whites. I must say for a pi its a good one and pretty deep as well. I hit a beach I go to on occasion to test it out. To start with the machine is pretty light and well balanced. The coil is 12 inches but skims pretty well in the water and behaves well as far as not moving to much with the waves. The headphones were a bit uncomfortable after 5 hours of use. My right ear was hurting a bit. I suspect from the headphones being very solidly built and have a tight fit. Hopefully they will loosen up a bit with use. Also the area where ones elbow fits was rubbing a bit on a vein in my arm . Which I later adjusted a bit. As far as the smoothness on the wet sand it was overall pretty good with an occasional blip. I had it on the factory triangle presets . It was an ok hunt found some clad and had a decent amount of targets in dry and wet sand. Overall I like the machine a lot. I also have a Tesoro sand shark pi and I must admit the headphones on the Tesoro are much more comfortable than the whites and the sand shark is a bit smoother on wet sand than the whites dual field Pi. But both are good detectors and a great value for a person looking for a good pi. Happy hunting to all cant wait for the next beach trip.

Congrats!
This past weekend I got to try my Surfmaster PI for the first time, and was immediately struck by how light the whole thing is. Of course, being an older unit, it only has the neutral bouyancy 950 coil on it, and I use an Anderson shaft. Because of this, it was extremely comfortable to use. I felt like I could have hunted with it all day. On the other hand, my Nuttall stainless steel scoop is really, really heavy. OK for deeper in the water, not so much up on the sand.
I too, can hardly wait for my next trip to the beach!

Congrats on your surfmaster pi s well. Im sure yull find some good stuff with it. I picked up a aluminum digger so its pretty light just a little hard on the wrist when lifting the dirt out of the holes . Happy hunting and best of luck.