Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JUST PLEASE STOP IT!!

KennyD

If I hear the stupid phrase.... "This machine will compliment my freaking etrac" anymore, I will leave all detecting forums and YouTube videos forever!!!
Why the #@!@# do these idiots think that all detectors are compared to an etrac. I've owned an etrac, they're NOT the best thing out there. Get the %&$* over your etrac people!!!!

:lol: I hear 'ya Kenny, but......
FBS and V-Flex technologies do compliment each other by contrast. In fact, they do it so well that Minelab even decided to hybridize them, by utilizing certain digital aspects of V-Flex like SmartCoil Technology, which they blended with the square wave multi-frequency of FBS, and the result was.....(drum roll please).....the CTX3030.

That said, I do understand your complaint about everything being held up against the E-trac for comparison. It's silly really. There seems to be a faction out there that don't get how hard it is to compare machines that have no more in common than being VLF metal detectors.

For me, the beef is with AT Pro users that want to hold their machine up against everything else, as though it should be a benchmark for all others. So, this summer I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a used 305 or 505 that I can waterproof and go spank ATP butt with. Imagine a sub $250 machine that can keep up with or out perform an ATP on land and in water, and the angst that it will generate. :rofl:

I would really like to try a x-terra 705, but my old fisher 1266x is still hanging on. i think i would like all the different choices of search coils.

A 705 would REALLY compliment that 1266! :twodetecting::clapping:

I've had my xterra 70 for almost 10 years. My son has an at pro and I use it alot. I like it but I am not one to say it is superior to my xterra. There are times when I like using it but, I always go back to my minelab. Garrett has sold alot of at pro's though. I have to say it is hard to beat.

I got a compliment years ago (when I was a young man)!!!! :biggrin:-------Yeah, that detector complimenting stuff (statements) does get a little run in the ground.
pasttom said:
A 705 would REALLY compliment that 1266! :twodetecting::clapping:

Old Longhair said:
:lol: I hear 'ya Kenny, but......
FBS and V-Flex technologies do compliment each other by contrast. In fact, they do it so well that Minelab even decided to hybridize them, by utilizing certain digital aspects of V-Flex like SmartCoil Technology, which they blended with the square wave multi-frequency of FBS, and the result was.....(drum roll please).....the CTX3030.

That said, I do understand your complaint about everything being held up against the E-trac for comparison. It's silly really. There seems to be a faction out there that don't get how hard it is to compare machines that have no more in common than being VLF metal detectors.

For me, the beef is with AT Pro users that want to hold their machine up against everything else, as though it should be a benchmark for all others. So, this summer I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a used 305 or 505 that I can waterproof and go spank ATP butt with. Imagine a sub $250 machine that can keep up with or out perform an ATP on land and in water, and the angst that it will generate. :rofl:

Well , well . Something we can agree on Oldy :)

Should be interesting to see if you can waterproof a 305 or 505 , but i would have waterproofed the 705 instead as it has the beach mode and more segments and so on .

As for ET and X.Terra complementing each other , well they do if you like them :D as do all machines if you have a need for a certain 2 machines .

For me the ET and Terra 705 do complement each other and my beach finds rate proves that to me every year , but then that could be said of the Deus and ET or the Explorer 11 and the Deus or what ever .

In the Summer i would use the 705 for the dry beach when the coinage is being spilled by the depositors and in the Autumn the ET or Explorer would come out for the tidal or wet beach and hunt what the Terra misses . But then it rarely misses much where it searches.
KennyD , which machine do you have ?