Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

JUST PUT A NEW HANDLE ON MY OLD SCOOP AND TOOK HER FOR A SPIN!!

Cupajo

The scoop has had a stainless handle and a huge stainless bucket for years and weighed in at 14 lbs. empty!!

I trimmed off some of the bucket to reduce weight.

I finally figured out a way to remove the handle and replace it with aluminum electrical conduit bent to fit.

I sealed the tube at both ends and with the help of a one foot long piece of foam floaty have a floating handle with less foam and bulk than before..

Sprayed it with truck bed liner for a non-slip grip and to protect it from oxidation.

It's still heavier than most scoops, but is a lot easier to handle now!!

Once in the water the weight isn't too bad.

First time out she dug up a nice 14K wedding band for me.

The recent inscription dates may make it easy to return which will bring my 25 year total to 29 or 30 now (I lost count), many of which I found for people that had called me to search for their lost ring.

I actually found two for one young lady that lost not only her diamond engagement ring but the "keeper" ring that was supposed to lock her diamond on her finger. (They were in the same hole!)

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Next day---same story, 1-14K wedding band!!

2-hours digging.

Like the way the modified scoop digs and crazy about my Infinium!!

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

These scoops, AKA "Poor Man's Backhoes", are 25 years old and still able to "get her done"!!

The scoop on the left weighs in at 13lbs and was the lighter of the two (I used thinner stainless in the bucket).

The scoop on the right used to weigh over 14lbs and now is a lightweight(?) at 11 lbs. after I removed the stainless handle and installed aluminum instead.

I also reduced the size of the bucket to reduce weight.

I left the weld spatter on the bottom of the bucket to keep my foot from slipping off.

Looks rough, but does the job very well!!

Hope this answers your questions.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was this minute by Cupajo.