Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just read the Coin$trike "sucked" below? :huh:

Bill Ladd

Too bad I was in Virginia when that thread started... ;)

Yea, it sure sucked alright.......sucked up more freakin' coins than any unit I ever owned & put my name on the map. Also, sucked up a boatload of valuable military buttons, & my oldest metal detected find of all time the 1250BC bronze age axe in England.

It's quirky, but deadly in capable hands of a skilled detectorist who takes the time to figure it out. It also "locks" onto & "sticks" onto one number when you have a coin better than any detector I've tried (I could call out "large cent!" as it would be a 31 from every sweep angle). It's also built like a tank unlike some of these new ones......mine is all scratched up & has been beat to hell, dropped on rocks, etc., & has never had to be sent back once.

I'm asked all the time to do a video on the C$, & since I finally have the time to do it I will begin one shortly. Here's some silver that I "sucked" up with the C$......
(I could post pictures all night of my C$ finds.........)

I still feel that the Coin$trike suffered from a Large batch of defective coils, when I got mine it was the nuttiest detector I ever turned on. It just so happened that I was able to meet up with a guy that also had a coinstrike, we switched coils and that also switched the problem. I bought a used coil and the detector is FINE! If they are working right (good coil) then they are as easy to setup and really pretty quick to learn, now with a bad coil you will find yourself fighting a losing battle.

Mark

from the stock 8" to the big 10.5" I used in England, & even the 5" sunray coil worked decent....& I still own them all.

I just think that the Coinstrike suffered most because of strange quirks it had & also the time it came out too. Everyone was still in awe of Minelab multi-arrows & multi frequency this & that. Funny now everyone's back to buying single frequency VLF's again mostly. Many people tend to forget the Coinstrike has an automatic "ground tracking" feature that none of these new ones have (meaning it ground balances itself as you move into different soils).

It's strangeness of things like not using "inches" but having to remember 40 on PP is 6", preset being way too hot, & thresh being like a 2nd sensitivity, the up/down arrows seemingly backwards, among other things, threw people for a loop. Those that learned it enjoyed it.

I upgraded my collection greatly thanks to the C$. Here's another of my better '$trike coins......

A very rare error large cent...

Hi Bill

I certainly agree with you. As your aware I am a great fan of the Coinstrike. I think you & I were the only ones to use a C$ in our parts of the world.

I have sold my share of Coinstrikes being in business, and I have yet to have one with a bad coil. They must have corrected that problem really early in production. All units have coil problems at start up it seems. Just look at the current New Fisher units. Talk about batch's of bad coils.The F75/F70 has certainly had it's share of them. How about the just released Garrett "AT". Look at their coil problems. So the Coinstrike should not be taking all the heat for this. :nopity:

When I closed my retail business I managed to save 2 Coinstrikes for my self. It has a place among the other Fisher units like the Gold Bug Pro, & F70, ID Edge, (proto), & Whites XLT, Ground Hawk, Garrett Scorpion, Head hunter PI, (proto), I set aside.

If anyone would like help with there Coinstrike, drop me a note or email me at wcrabtre@comcast.net

Mr. Bill