Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just received 5"DD coil that I ordered

BH505Man

Got the 5"DD coil today but it was raining, so I didn't get to take it out for a test hunt. Any pointers I should know about from you seasoned T2 users?

Finally got a break in the rain & got to try out my new 5"DD coil. The coil is very sensitive and I had to turn down the sensitivity from the default 60 sensitivity setting to 50 to eliminate excessive chatter set the tone to 4 and disc to 53. The coil worked flawlessly on both TID readings and depth readings. Managed to dig a . total of 8 targets. Found a clad quarter at 5 inches (the detector gave a 89 TID reading when I pinpointed it I got a depth reading of 5 inches. When I dug my plug it was on the bottom of the plug right at 5" too! I also managed to find 7 pennies of which 3 were copper and 4 were zincs. All of the copper cents read a 83 TID the whole zinc cents read a 78 TID. They were all at the depths indicated. The only exceptions were the badly corroded partial zinc cents which 1 gave a steady 75 TID reading and the other gave a 73 TID reading. The depth reading on the badly corroded partial zinc cents were off which didn't surprise me. The only reason that I dug the corroded partial zincs was because I was hoping to get something else like some gold jewelry.

I have a 5'' coil mounted on a spare T2 basically all the time,great for really trashy roman sites that can have alot of nails around so the small coil earns its keep alot,because i am away from any interference emi or power cables and also the ground here in the UK for the most part is very good mineral wise.I find that i can cranks the sens upto 75-80,disc4-5 and 2+ this then gives me additional depth but also the machine runs super smooth as well and that is from one of the original T2 with all the latest shielding and super duper software upgrades.

Another situation that i use the small coil is when our harvest time arrives most of the stubble is still stiff,so the small coil can get in between the stubble rows and still give me some great depth,in just the last few years folks who have laughed at me using such a small coil change ones opinion when its pulled out 2 celtic gold staters and a stunning George111 full guinea.So yep this is why i run this coil alot.

Mega said:
I have a 5'' coil mounted on a spare T2 basically all the time,great for really trashy roman sites that can have alot of nails around so the small coil earns its keep alot,because i am away from any interference emi or power cables and also the ground here in the UK for the most part is very good mineral wise.I find that i can cranks the sens upto 75-80,disc4-5 and 2+ this then gives me additional depth but also the machine runs super smooth as well and that is from one of the original T2 with all the latest shielding and super duper software upgrades.

Another situation that i use the small coil is when our harvest time arrives most of the stubble is still stiff,so the small coil can get in between the stubble rows and still give me some great depth,in just the last few years folks who have laughed at me using such a small coil change ones opinion when its pulled out 2 celtic gold staters and a stunning George111 full guinea.So yep this is why i run this coil alot.

I hunted a nearby school yesterday and noticed that the T2 was running quiet, so I was able to crank the sensitivity up to 95 with no chatter. With the sensitivity set at this level, I was digging dimes at 4, 5, & 7 inches and a nickel at a full 8 inches as indicated by the hash marks on my Tek-Point pin pointer.

@BH505Man,thats some good feedback,with the 5'' coil on the T2 its like having a laser beam on the end of the shaft,looking at getting the NEL Snake coil 6.5''x5.5'' this will be just as good at target separation but give me some additional ground coverage.I use a Snake coil on Vaquero and i like that alot,but just prefer using my trusty old T2 which i have had since 2006/7 as i dont have EMI issues as such i have never seen the need for a upgrade,prehaps one day i will,but my T2 is not my main machines these days as that crown belong too the Deus.

Will be out again this afternoon on a local permission which i have use on till the end of the year and then goes for house building,but this site always produces hammered silver coins and roman coinage as well,so while i still can detect on it i will carry on doing so.

Probably read right over it but who made the 5". If permissible, who sold it to you. thanks beforehand.

woody said:
Probably read right over it but who made the 5". If permissible, who sold it to you. thanks beforehand.

The 5" DD for the T2 is made by First Texas Products and you need the one specifically made for the Teknetics T2.
I bought the coil on E-bay.
Walt