Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just Silver

raylesnau

Hello All
If I just want to find the deep silver coins in a park I go to can I just notch upto say 85.
Would it work to use Discrimination to do this? Will you lose depth? I know most coins are 8-12 inches deep. They cleared off 5in to put in sand volleyball area. I went over it and picked up 6 good coins 4 to 6 inches below the dug out level. This park has a lot of bottle caps not quit sure how to distinguish those from good coins yet. I do dig a lot of them. I don't want to hear all the other junk just the good deep tones. Maybe this just can't be done. Any ideas would be great.
Thank You All
HH
Ray

don't discriminate, you will lose depth. you can notch up to 85 and it will cut out all audio up to that point. what frequency are you using? I use 12K a lot and i have an identical program saved next to it in 4K. if you hear a good signal around 92-94 switch to 4K. If the numbers stay about the same its a bottle cap. If the numbers drop its a digable signal. Give this a try and let us know how you do.
GL &HH

I do run in 12k and have tried higher and lower. I know there are some good coins down deep. With my CTX I just can't hit them but with the Deus I have been picking up a few more good finds.

You may want to use FullTone with a low discrimination and only dig the sweet high tones.

The full tones and 0 discrimination have made a believer out of me for depth...pulled a 1915 wheat penny out of my front yard at 11 inches and a .36 caliber round ball at 9 inches last week. I have been playing with the notch for park hunting also. Still in the learning curve but its is a lot of fun. :detecting: