Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just some questions....

JimGilmore

Gold bug vs g2...
Ok, my understanding is they are the same though different mount and coil combo ???? So the electronics are the same.....
Am I understanding it correctly ?
So which do you prefer and why ?

They say the insides are the same. I guess some of the earlier G2s actually said GB on the screen when they were fired up. The two, when bought new come with different sized coils. The Gold Bug comes with the 5 inch and the G2 comes with the 11 inch. I knew that I was going to cover a lot of ground and trusted the iron separation enough to want the big coil. I went with the G2 for that reason. You can go to the websites and look at the mounting differences. How the box is mounted and what the rods look like. I can't see either one being a deal breaker. I like my G2. I am mostly hunting farm fields and old house sites. I wanted it to test it in iron. You have to force yourself to aim right at the worst of the iron to truly enjoy the benefits of the G2?Gold Bug. When the other detectors swerve away from the iron you have to charge right into it. Be prepared to dig some very small targets. I don't mind digging these tiny things. I say it is really good practice for those $1 gold pieces we all want to find. I hope I helped a little. I am sure other people will chime in with their thoughts. Either way you can't go wrong.

Don
HH

As Comet already said, They are the same except the coils and shaft. You can get either one with both coils though. The Gold bug Pro is a bit cheaper due to coming with 5" coil. If you have any questions or need great pricing Email or call me. I might surprise you! :thumbup:

share the same electronics. The new basic Gold Bug lacks manual GB. The Gold Bug and Gold Bug SE versions that came first (bot, they do cause confusion) are not the same as the Gold Bug Pro (and Gold Bug DP, same detector, different coil) and the Teknetics G2.

The Gold Bug Pro and Gold Bug DP are the same current model detector but come with the 5" DD or 11" BiAxial DD, in that order. They are built on the 'S' rod configuration.

The Teknetics G2 has the very same electronics, but it uses the same rod/grip system w/armcup strap as the Teknetics Omega, and it comes with the 11" BiAxial DD coil.

These share the same Teknetics search coils so any of them can use the 11" DD or round 5" DD coils.

JimGilmore said:
So which do you prefer and why?
I own the Teknetics G2. The 'why' is because it has the same rod and grip system as the Teknetics Omega, which I also like. This is the same grip system that is used on the Teknetics T2 and Fisher F-75 and is very comfortable, and I guess I just prefer it from the two options. They are both very good and the detector is very light weight.

If I went out to buy one of the two, and I had another detector I used a lot of general searching, then I might be torn between them, but I keep the 5" DD on my G2 almost all the time. It is a very quick-response detector, and while the depth isn't the greatest, the way it handles dense trash is quite impressive. Especially with the 5" DD coil so, if I was just going to add another detector for trashy site hunting, I might just buy the Fisher Gold Bug Pro with the round 5" DD coil.

If you prefer the 'S' rod configuration and also a larger coils, you can get the Gold Bug DP as it comes with the 11" BiAxial coil instead of the 5".

Monte