Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just some random thoughts and ideas....

JimGilmore

I love hinting with the clean sweep coil ,which I think is a wide scan. Buy overall depth is more relative on a wide scan as bing equal to the width of the coil. So the depth of a wide scan clean sweep is roughly 5 inches. Not too bad when you consider that you have an 18" wide path your covering.
Now when we go to a concentric 8 inch coil our depth is about the same as the diameter of the coil but at full depth say 7=8 inch down it is like we are pushing a dime around the field . So we need to go a lot slower and overlap a lot more to find the good stuff.
Which isn;t so bad here where I am because nothing really sind very fast since it is a desert. Buy the parks that water a lot grow a lot of new grass raising up the surface about a 1/4 inch to a half inch a year. This can be verifyed by the levelness of the pathways in the park to the grass. They start in a new park with the dirt being about an inch below the path and in time the grass is mounded higher than the path.
I can see where larger wide scan coild can help to find deeper targets easier than a larger concentric. Since your not overlapping by so much and covering more ground. But there is something to be said for the smaller coils. The 4.5 being the smallest coil for the tesoro Outlaw. Which I am thinking I will purchase next. East to pinpoing and while dept at 4.5 inches may be the maximun it will allow me to get the closest to everything and seperate the jump from the coins and rings.

I was surprised how deep the 5 pin clean sweep was , i actually got a 4" deep dime with it , I have never tried the 4" concentric but if you do let me know how deep it is . I ordered the new 8x11