Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

just to introduce myself

imalookin2

Hi, I am a newbie here on this forum but have lurked here a while. I post on another forum but they do not have specific brand sections like you do here. I am new to the MXT and enjoy reading your posts and hope to learn a lot from you all. I beach hunt mostly but want to branch out and the MXT will let me dig some dirt and get off the sand from time to time. I have been hunting mostly wet sand and in the salt water. I use a dual field and excalibur 2, not the best dirt machines. :shrug: So I picked up a used MXT and have hunted a little and really like the machine so far. Hi to you all!

[size=large]welcome to the forum. you sure will learn here.

HH[/size]

Welcome to the forum. We've got a good group of people here and all willing to help. HH, Nancy

Thanks for the welcome. Nancy, I noticed you are a long time MXT user. Thanks for your time on here moderating and adding your experience for us all to learn from. First thing I learned is my Pro Pointer may not work with the MXT. I have not used it yet since my first hunts were dry and wet sand to see the limitations of salt. If so, is there a way around this without turning off the machine? I am guessing I can lay it down away from the dig site. I am also needing some better headphones and heard the SunRay is the way to go. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and from Jacksonville Florida a big HI!

Welcome aboard, you will like the MXT & add the pro gold head phones you have it made.

[size=large]i have found i must lay my MXT away from my dig so as to reduce the interference of the Pro Pointer. i only use the Garrett hand held and haven't heard of any others having the problem with the MXT and Garrett. i tolerate the problem cause you won't find a better pin pointer.so the pointer will work with the mxt. it's just going to make the mxt noisy.

HH[/size]

Widebody,

I have the same problem. I just deal with it as well.

Thank you for your kind words.

If possible, I would get a better pinpointer. If you're in it for the long haul. I also love the SunRay Pro Gold headphones. Pricey, but well worth it. Can't wait to hear about your finds and how well you're coming along with your new MXT. The more you use it, the more you'll like it.

Welcome from the West Coast.
I have both the MXT and the MXT Pro. Love them both...
SunRay makes great products.
I run a DX-1 pinpointer on both machines and use ProGolds for headphones.
Great combo...
Keep huntin out there and we look forward to your finds...

HH

Hi ya Greg,
Welcome
We need to get a hunt on with the MXT's. You will love the machine once you get the hang of it. A simple yet versatile machine, proven in the field and rugged.
Did you get the stock 9" coil on it? Keep it dry, we cannot hunt the deep wet sand with it with these Jacksonville waves. Marty

EasySwing said:
Hi ya Greg,
Welcome
We need to get a hunt on with the MXT's. You will love the machine once you get the hang of it. A simple yet versatile machine, proven in the field and rugged.
Did you get the stock 9" coil on it? Keep it dry, we cannot hunt the deep wet sand with it with these Jacksonville waves. Marty
Hey there Marty! I played around on wet sand a little and it did OK but I doubt I got much depth especially compared to our beach machines. I wanted it for dry sand and dirt. I can see the potential with this machine though. I know it was a great choice and if I had not seen yours in action I would never own one. It does have the stock 9.5 coil. Good to see you on here. I recognized that ring in your photo right away. Nice.

I need headphones for my MXT. After reading on line reviews on the Sun Ray Gold there are a lot of posts saying they are too tight. I read the same about the Grey Ghost. I don't want tight headphones and living in Florida sweat would make them worse and pinch my sunglasses. Can you bend the SR phones out some to correct this? I have bought enough of the wrong things. Advise please! Thanks.

I tried my Pro Pointer today with the MXT and it was no problem. I pointed the coil away while kneeling to use the pointer. No extra noise in the phones unless I moved the PP out towards the coil. Works fine. I was considering a Sunray Probe but not only did I not want the extra weight but I already have a great pointer! Glad it works for me. Look forward to those Pro Gold headphones now. Did not find anything good but this was just a test hunt to figure things out. The MXT seems to be a real hot machine. Lots of depth and getting used to the noisy back round is getting easier. Thanks for your tips!

I used to have the problem with my Garrett pointer driving my MXT nuts when it was turned on, i bought some Sunray Pro Gold headphones and found if you move one of the switches on the ear cup the phones go silent (i think the switch changes from mono to stereo but i may be wrong). By flicking this switch before turning on the pointer sorted out any problems but make sure you put the switch the other way when finished pin pointing.
The Pro Golds were a perfect match for the MXT, also they have a noise limiter option which will save your ear drums getting a beating on shallow targets.

Cheers,
botto.

botto said:
I used to have the problem with my Garrett pointer driving my MXT nuts when it was turned on, i bought some Sunray Pro Gold headphones and found if you move one of the switches on the ear cup the phones go silent (i think the switch changes from mono to stereo but i may be wrong). By flicking this switch before turning on the pointer sorted out any problems but make sure you put the switch the other way when finished pin pointing.
The Pro Golds were a perfect match for the MXT, also they have a noise limiter option which will save your ear drums getting a beating on shallow targets.

Cheers,
botto.
This is what I have read about the SunRay Gold phones. The forward or left switch turns on the limiter if you switch it down. Up is off. The right is a switch I believe changes the ohm rating of the speaker to the best sound. Think that is what I read.

Welcome imalookin2 you will like it here great bunch of folks :)