Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Just when you think it's all been found...

sjohn61

Ducking in and out of storms in the midwest today, I went to my local park to get out and MD while it's still kind of warm and ground not frozen.....I have been to this park numerous times, finding a merc, clad, unknown stuff. Just when I heard a little thunder in the distance, I get a signal worth investigating, ( I almost closed shop when hearing thunder) I dig a plug approx. 4" and removing the plug I see this nice .925 bracelet at the bottom of hole...It says Italy and some hallmark I haven't been able to find yet, and of course 925 in the oval..I was thrilled and glad I didn't dismiss that last signal before the rain. The boyscout pocket knife was about 7" deep. Felt bad, because it was probably brand new and the proud item of a new Cubscout. It has all the tools, scout emblem etc. but rusted closed unless there is a way to clean it up. When the urge hits to go detect even for a short time, you just never know!!!

Indeed cool finds! :thumbup:

Good for you for going out in that weather, and digging those targets!:clapping::please: Those silver figaro chains can sound like scrap or an aluminum wire, so that is a real good trophy!
Mud

Your right Mud...the chain did ring up as a pull tab on Ace 350, but I have learned to check those despite digging many tabs etc...there is always that chance it's a good target, and this one was. But why does it ring up that way??

Dont know...several posters here are real chain finding monsters, both gold and silver ones sound like scrap to me...a fellow would THINK a silver chain would hit high tone at the very least, it must have something to do with the links tossing a backscatter signal...I hunt pretty hard for chains, since they are generally heavier than several rings, consequently, I dig a lot of junk, but do tend to get lucky every so often...You did good! Nice work!:clapping:
Mud

Congrats! Chains are tough. So many variables in size. because detectors do not "see" but a part, link or two, clasp - not the chain in its entirety. If you coil one up and pass you coil over it ya get a decent hit, but how many lay that way?