Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Karma again.....

frankj3

I went to one of my favorite city parks for a quick hunt. I didn't find any clad or bling......but my eyes bugged out just the same!! This is what I found buried under the gravel!! To say I was mad is an understatement!!!!!!

Fortuneately, there were no kids playing in the playground. I picked up all the glass as best I could. This just makes my blood boil!!! How could anybody do this?!?!?! It's not like it was an accident....IT WAS BURIED JUST UNDER THE TOP OF THE GRAVEL!!! GRRRRRR!! :furious:

So anyway, after cleaning up the best I could, I headed for another city park. It was reserved with a large party.....so I will be heading back there tomorrow.

So off to another park....the one I call "Dime Box."

"Dime Box" did not disappoint me. Everything I found was clad so I'm not posting any pictures.

"Dime Box" fed me 3 ea quarters, 2 ea nickels, 16 ea dimes, 13 ea pennies, 1 ea "True Team Player" token (aluminum), 1 ea 1/4" carriage bolt and 1 ea Levis jean button. This was my largest single hunt find to date.

Ya just gotta love monkey bars and boys!!

HH y'all.

Frank

I'm so proud of you of doing that, that is the way we all metal detectorists should do, so that other people against of us, can see that we are removing lots of dangers. Is not only about getting pricey objects, but a way of helping the community to get rid of lots of trash. When i'm on playgrounds i also keep every find, and then get rid of it in the trash can. Stupid people keep throwing beer glass bottles everywhere. CONGRATULATIONS AND REGARDS MY FRIEND?.

Yeah I haul out glass, bullets, knives, steel darts. I would hate to see a kid get hurt or someone damage their vehicle on anything if I had a chance to take it out with me.

Thanks guys. The thought of a kid getting cut while playing in a "safe environment" infuriates me.

HH y'all.

Frank

way to go. i just counted my clad tonite and im up to $37 already. sucks when all you get is clad but dang it adds up quick

Dekeyser68, I am up to $31.87 since March 21st. That's the day I rec'd my Legacy 3500. That's a total of 215 coins, plus a Mexican 20 cent piece, 1 18k gold plated ring (my 1st find with the machine), 1 sterling silver ring, and an aluminum "True Team Player" token.

HH y'all.

Frank

YOU give all of us fellow detectors a good name! Once when I was on a beach in Florida I had a lifegard come up and ask if i had found anything. I showed him my bounty for the day. Pull tabs, bottle caps and other junk. So i told him i am not here to find treasure, I am here to clean the beach! He told me to keep up the good work. :detecting:

Dont some people just tick you off when they do crap like that. They need their butt kicked... KEN. Ind

I'd LOVE to find the culprit, Ken!!!
I'm sure I could find enough people on here to bail me out!! LOL

HH y'all.

Frank

hi, i'm brand new to detecting and would like to know what 'clad' is... i'm on a site that has old trails and if 'clad' is something i should pick up, i will. i just bought a tracker 4 by bounty hunter and can't wait to begin.:wiggle:

clad is the term for new dimes,quarters and halfs. the new coins can help you offset some of your expenses and learn your machine quickly. good luck

Mud, 1964 was the last year of silver coins in the U.S.. Starting in 1965 all dimes and quarters have a copper core, clad with a silver coating on the outside. Look at any of your change from the edge and you will see it. Since silver coins havn't been made in 50 years, and the metal value is higher, people value finding those over the more modern coins. Since you'r new, let me bring up one other thing. The last full year of the copper penny was 1981. They made some in 82, but later that year they switched to the copper plated zinc, which is what all pennies were made from since. The copper pennies read very close to a dime on you meter, so if you get a dime reading then dig it and only find a penny don't be disappointed, because they havn't made those copper pennies for 33 years, and they are getting seen less often every year, just as the silver coins were after they quit making them.

n/t