Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

KCo

cachenut

Well they did great for me. I had one of those Darth Vader Pinpointers they sell that I got with my Minelab and when I got around to finally taking it out of the bubblewrap the darn thing didn't work. Boy was I hissed. I complained via email about it and let themknow how upset I was with it not working plus I had another that stopped working so I sent it back and they replaced it.

Well when the next replacement came in the mail it was a Whites Bullseye II. Boy was I happy with that swap. It is a much better pinpointer but it also costs a lot more. They sent me one for free to keep me as a happy customer. I have bought 5 detectors from them now and also I usually recommend them to everyone who asks where to buy their detector. They have done well by me over the years.

So if you have a Darth Vader pinpointer that fails let them know about it and maybe they will send you a Bulleyes II. That is a good pinpointer too.

Joe.

I got a 5 in. excellerator coil for Christmas in 2003. I used it some but I work 7 days a week so it wasn't over used by any means. Put it on my detector back in the summer and it didn't work. I went to Kellyco over my vacation in Sept. and was told, "sorry, the warrantee is only good for a year. Too bad about your luck." It'll be the last thing I ever buy from them. I was over there to check out the Minelabs and when the sales guy told me that, it cost Kco about 1200.00, I figure. So I hope it was worth a 100 dollar coil to them.

therick

I know what you mean. I got two of those Vib-Probe Wizard probes, one for me and one for my buddie and neither one of them work worth a hoot now. There is an adjustment screw on the side, but you can turn it till you are blue in the face and nothing happens. You turn them on and you can't get them to settle down. It's a constant beep or vibration. The price was right, but all I got was "junk"!!!!! HH.

Eddie

I have two machines... a CZ-20 bought from a dealer in Michigan and my ExpII that my wife got me as a givt from Kco. Now, I have no complaint the with Kco transaction except that all of the things that were "free" were:

A) not free (they have shipping charges)
B) absolutely worthless, useless do-dads

The digging tool I got, I think it was a gator, bent the very first time I dug a plug. My Lesche will NEVER bend. The probe I got was "ok" but I liked my vibraprobe better. I eventually sold both when I bought my X-1. Forget about the other pinpointers, the X-1 is the best thing I ever bought. Can't even remember what else I got for "free" because I never use them.

You will never get the service from Kco as you will from dealers; especially those that sponsor this webpage. I've dealt with Doc twice and Sunray once and can tell you that you get the "personal" touch you can't get with anyone else. I'm absolutely sure that if I had a problem with either purchase, it would have been handled the way one would expect... like you were the only customer they had. When I emailed Doc, HE wrote me back. That's impressive. When I ordered my Black Widows from him, it was the best price and it was sent priority mail. I got those suckers in 3 days. When I had a question about them, HE wrote me back right away. I like that and will do business with him anyday. Sunray's X-1 was also delivered quickly.

The dealer I got my CZ-20 from answered every question I had BEFORE I bought it. He didn't just sell the stuff, he used it. I know that if I had a problem with it, he would have done anything he could to correct it. So, I'll just stick with the guys who need us to survive and appreciate our business...

Just my two cents...

I have bought from them as well, no complaints, but nothing like the personal advice, service, hands on training from most local dealers. Many over years past, span of 15+ years have put me on great local hunting places, as well as coming to my area to hunt with our group.

I'm sure K buying huge volumes will always sell units, it's the dealers I tend to lean towards supporting. Personal relationships from small online & local dealer to hobbyist is what got me interested in the hobby over 15+ years ago..

The amount of interaction between company & hobbyist'..The online dealers that offer help & advice really make a lasting impression, on were I purchase. Many online are excellent, some well...:blink:

I know dealers hate them cause of their low prices. Often KCo retail is cheaper than other dealer cost. Very frustrating for someone trying to make their business work and put food on the table. Businessmen do not like competition.

Few dealers offer free advice at all and those that do need to watch their time carefully. It takes along time to learn to use these machines well. You need to sell a lot of detectors to make a reasonable income and to provide even an hour to each buyer in training is impossible. That is unless the buyers beat a path to your door, bring cash, and knock loudly.

I like their prices.

My Gator works just fine. It does not bend easy. Mine has a very small bend from trying to pry out a 3 pound rock. I had to really lean on it. It works great cuts root but does not scratch coins. Better than any other shovel I've had. Leche could be better. Don't know.

Some of their freebees are good and some not, training tapes, books, etc are fine. Other stuff while okay is not so helpful. Quality is okay just utility is questionable. Some stuff I never used. Those Darth Vader pinpointers were not okay. Perhaps good to start with so you see how useful they are and them replace them. I use mine a lot about 300 coins a month so thats around 2000 targets per month. Heavy use. Those Darth Vader things just didn't do it. But if you go out once a week they would work.

Joe.

I have been doing business with them for over 20 years and I have been satisfied with every purchase that I have made from them. If your warantee is out dated then it is out dated. Take your car back to a dealer after the warantee is up and see what he says. As for local dealers, there are some like Ralph at Sunray, Dave at Dixie, and doc out in vegas that really know thier stuff but you take the dealer here in Rockford< Illinois now he is lucky just to know how to turn it on let alone how to run it. I have one of the very first excelerator coils that came out. It still works as good as the day I first took it out. Nothing is perfect. It was not all that long ago that guys on this forum was complaining to Doc about the wats. So no matter how hard you try you can not please everyone. Just let the buyer beware and think of why you bought it when and where you did and why you bought it from them. Good hunting. Jim P.

and i have had no problems with either. However, after receiving their "free stuff", i trashed the junk. it is nothing but a "come on" for the unsuspecting newbee. i have since started dealing with a local retailer and feel comfortable knowing that i can look him in the eye if a problem arises.

"I was over there to check out the Minelabs and when the sales guy told me that, it cost Kco about 1200.00"? What did you mean? Anyways, I have the 5" EXcelerator, it's a great little coil, it goes DEEP, but I have to agree Kellyco sucks, great informative website but the 'packages' are pure crap unless they're made of known brands.

Well I have a rod that I got from Stewart in tenn. and it does work. so maybe you do not know as much as you think you do.

I bought new exp2 from kco and they sent me used one with scratches on display and on coil, without warranty card. I call them and complain so they sent me a new one.
But no way I