Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Keep a eye on your head screw on your V3.

Eagle 1

I don't know how long this is been like this but. I have one screw that is striped out of the plastic. You can't notice it by looking at it. I was changing my coil and rapping the coil wire around the rod.
I grabbed one of the edges of the head and it felt spongy. I could see I could pull the corner open. I went to get my Allen to tighten it up and the screw would not grab. I will have to send it in too Whites for a fix and up grade. I remember someone that had problem with this about 6 mo. ago. I have about 5 or 6 weeks left to hunt and I will send it after that.

Eagle 1

I also had that happen:-( Fixed in a week and back to me :)

I guess a FEW have been fixed!!!

Jerry

I had the same thing happen to mine but on all four corners. Sent it back to White's they fixed it within 24 hours and sent it right back, also got the software upgrades, had them check my D2 coil (which they replaced). Only problem is out $25 bucks to send it back via UPS. That's the downfall with all warranties regardless of what company it is.

Me too I will be out $25. and this will be my 2nd time I send it there so that makes it $50. for me.

Eagle 1

The software deal was You pay to send the unit in---THEY will pay to ship back AND ! ! ! give a free coil cover.
That would = a wash in shipping fees!

If the unit is in need of REPAIR--ONLY---then you need to DEAL with White's for a UPS Pick up slip.

Talk to White's!

Jerry

Yes you are right about that Jerry. I will give them a call on monday about the shipping thanks.

Eagle 1
Jim

Ok, if you guys have a Paypal account and set up a second e-mail address you can get 40% off your shipping. Send your second account an invoice for $5 (any figure will do) pay to your paypal account, print the shipping label from there. then you have 60 days to refund yourself the money and get your Paypal fees back. Now by printing the label at home, you can drop it off at any UPS location or the "brown truck" and your done. The bonus is you also get a discount because it's going to a business.

Regards,
Ron

Ron...thanks a lot. Seems like a win win situation...Gonna go to PayPal and try that out. Regards,Jim

Eagle1,
Read your post on sat. night, and wouldn't you know when i was hunting on sun. Half way thru the hunt I noticed that the Allen screw on my display was loose, by the end of the hunt it was so loose i could pull the two sides apart and look into the electronics!
The power of suggestion? or just coincidence, Sent it off to White's today,i guess i will dusting off my DFX for this weekend (not a bad thing).

Steve

P.S. How come they didn't use the snap together system like the DFX???

Mine came completely apart, too - while on a metal detecting vacation. Duct tape works miracles. Sent it in to White's for repair as well as upgrades - turns out they are replacing the machine as it has some other issues. White's is awesome - nothing but great customer service every time!

Nugget

I am glad I could help someone. I called White's on Monday and they would like it asap. They will replace the hole 2 peace plastic head assembly. I asked about shipping and if they would pay for it.
They sed if I ask for a reimbursement, I will get it. Everything you want done or not done it needs to be in righting. Type it up and put it in the box. Also my plastic latch on my box it dose one of them dose not sit lock tight. I dose not fully lock down it has a spring to it. The one on the right dose snap in tight with no spring. Thy asked if It was OK to change my box "NO". I have the Vision box and if all possible would like to keep my box. I have a long 4 day weekend off this comming weekend and I will be going out one last time. I will sending my V3 out on Monday. I wasn't going too send it in till winter, but this is better to send it in now. So when I get it back I can still go out to test it before the snow fly's I hope.

Eagle 1

If your talking about where the batteries go in (plastic latch), mine was like that too. I realized that you have to make sure the door is shut all the way, what i mean is there are little tabs on the door part, that need to line up and pop in. Once i figured that out the latches snap tight.
If i push the door up and in it lines up and it shuts all the way. otherwise it holds it out like 1/32" just enough so the latches pop back open. I too have the (Vision) box and don't want it changed.

Steve