Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Keep going back to the deus

Gannon

I’ve owned and used many detectors, Etrac fishers, at pro at max Tesoro’s etc.

Since using the deus everything else seems lacking.

Most null over iron, are too slow, too jumpy, not deep enough the dang list goes on and on.

As many of you know (v4) the deus is so customizable pending on where I go. It’s like haveing several detectors in one.

So I need to stop buying detectors and just stick with the best! Now if I could eliminate the deep iron wrap around I’ll be super happy..but that affects all detectors.

Ive been pondering this issue myself.... ive bought a few detectors to test and for what I do they were always lacking for what I do and that's relic hunt... So I was gonna buy a at max , nokta impact and so forth to test and actually ordered a impact and paid for it. I got to thinking and asked myself if I really wanted to waste my time with another detector? I watched some videos of it and decided it was a hyped up racer 2 in a heavy frame and cancelled, the moral of the story some times you have the best in your hands already and chasing better all the time is really just a waste of time. Its better to have one sharp sword and be a expert with it then to have 5 sharp swords and be a novice with them.. My nature wants to me to buy and chase but I fight it lol good luck

I agree have been in the same boat tried so many different detectors . I finally made up my mind to stay with the Deus and learn it to the best I can as you are correct as it is so many different detectors depending on setup. I do own an AT Pro and use it for one specific use and that is water hunting when I want to go water hunting . I have a X2 for my Club hunts . The Deus is so light and versatile it is a pleasure to use . Now if I could just get a chance to go join Calabash on a relic hunt I would be content . But I need to hit the lottery or find that one target to afford a week off and plane ticket to meet up LOL

The mighty Deus.

One comment.

Using Deus in and around iron, quite a bit of latitude (nuance) exists for signals (tones) on nonferrous targets.
Learning to hear and distinguish takes time, and yes even already hard hunted sites so Deus is ultra challenged.

Hunting virgin sites, it would take years IMO to learn Deus well.

As much as the Deus is good at sifting in iron, it just lacked the depth i needed out in the field, most of the machines i've used have, some cheap models though have actually been very good in comparison.
If i had good soil, short grass and high conductor coins/relics to hunt, i'd probably still have a Deus, or Rutus lol

What are you swinging now that out does it on depth? A pi machine?

Ive had no problems with depth? found a huge button must have been 10" down in a field signal was so loud to GM power..

No mate, im using the AKA Signum.
It's not that the Deus wasn't doing a good job, it did find me some real old silver, it mearly comes down to the tougher ground i hunt in, and the Signum gets slightly deeper in it, though it also hits a brick wall eventually.
The biggest advantage is where the Deus is at it's max depth and giving a scratchy one way signal, the Signum would still be giving a banging 2 way signal, it alerts to targets fantastically well with it running 2 channels at the same time, an all metal and a disc channel.
But the Deus beats it hands down in iron, the Signum is fast with adjustable reactivity, but it doesn't see around nails etc like the Deus, though i bought it as a deep open field hunting machine and at that job it beats anything i've used to date.

calabash digger said:

Yeah I knew the aka detectors were deep , I had a sorex pro and it was deep too but ground balance was finicky.
hairymonsterman said:
It's not that the Deus wasn't doing a good job, it did find me some real old silver, it mearly comes down to the tougher ground i hunt in, and the Signum gets slightly deeper in it, though it also hits a brick wall eventually.
The biggest advantage is where the Deus is at it's max depth and giving a scratchy one way signal, the Signum would still be giving a banging 2 way signal, it alerts to targets fantastically well with it running 2 channels at the same time, an all metal and a disc channel.
But the Deus beats it hands down in iron, the Signum is fast with adjustable reactivity, but it doesn't see around nails etc like the Deus, though i bought it as a deep open field hunting machine and at that job it beats anything i've used to date.

calabash digger said:

I had to GB my Deus everytime as well, i wasn't a fan of it's GB tracking, it seemed to wander off for no reason, i also tested the new tracking in 4.1 but still preferred to do a manual check often while hunting.
The Signum GB is not too bad, certainly no worse than the Deus, i generally manual GB and as i'm mostly after mid conductors it can be a few points off with no ill effects.

calabash digger said:
Yeah I knew the aka detectors were deep , I had a sorex pro and it was deep too but ground balance was finicky.
hairymonsterman said:

calabash digger said:

Been there done that!

Went through them all. Just finished up on the Racer 2 & Impact. Nope, I'm done. Just ordered a new Deus v4 with both the 11" and the new 9.5" HF coils.

Once you've swung a Deus it's just hard to justify anything else.