Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

keep going to pineapple site but no update,any depth reports or pic of finds with t-2 thanks n/t

n/t

Hi all, Mike hit it dead on, I have been on the road for the most part the last couple of weeks and will again leave Monday morning for VA, then home for the weekend then off again for CA. All was not lost though since I did get to take my unit with me to the last couple of places I've been, TN, NY, AL, NC, SC, FL. and did make some notes. The only place that I did not spend too much time detecting was in Niagara, NY. I got out for maybe three hours and because of the cold and three inches of snow that had come in that afternoon I quit in the interest of losing my ears to frostbite. Fred, sorry about not being able to update my site either but with getting in late Friday evenings and having to leave early on Monday mornings, most my time has been spent with family and getting my yard and ponds taken care of. I also have been cataloging my data whereas it won't take me as long to put it into some sort of report format. Can say that the unit thus far has pr oven to be consistent in most Geo's with little to no effect on overall performance. It has it's strengths and weaknesses like any other detector and believe I have found it's niche. There are things we all have to just accept with different units and this one is no exception. Been comparing it against six other detectors so it has been time consuming to say the least. Hope to have my full report done by the end of Feb. when my traveling will relax for a bit. One of the things I have been focusing in on is whether I as a user will add this unit to my arsenal or not! After weeks and a considerable amount of time (250+hrs) spent with the unit I can readily say YES it's a keeper. Not for the type of detecting I normally do but for another that I do on occasion and plan and doing more of when I retire. I normally coin shoot and much of it is in trashy areas where in my opinion the unit is not best suited for though I guess I knew that going in. There were numerous things about the unit I had assumed from the git-go, and now feel I have answered about all of my own questions and either proved or disproved those assumptions I made. There were trade offs to be expected going from a concentric to a DD type coil and there too the time spent with the unit proofed these out. Have discovered what I feel is the best modes and settings to use in the various conditions we as detectorist encounter on a daily basis so where I may have had lots of trouble in the beginning it is slowly diminishing. It all goes back to understanding the unit and what it is telling you. I can tell you that when I first took the thing out it was speaking Chinese and I was interpreting it as English. I had a couple of long chats with it since and believe we are now starting to communicate much better. Thus far I have had it in the open clean fields, trashy areas, highly trashy areas, highly mineralized areas, on the beach (fresh and salt), Parks (sand, grass, pine-bark/wood-chips, etc.) and just about any type of environment you can think of. The only thing I haven't done with it thus far is prospect. Hopefully when I get to Ca. I'll get to do some if time permits.

Hope to have more for y'all and wanted to thank all for the posts, I have been reading them during my travels (sure gets boring sometimes spending the nights in a motel/hotel) and when I have seen something that sparked an interest I put it to the test if for any reason at all just to cure my curiosity. I hope to spend sometime tomorrow updating my website if the wife keeps to her current plan of going off with her sisters to visit my MIL at the nursing home. If she decides to stay home, I am almost 99.9% sure she will have something she wants me to do with her or for her.;)

Y'all take care and will be back on line soon.