Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kelly fords

lowtones83

I am going relic hunting approximately 2 miles from Kelly fords on the rapadan river. there are about 56 acres of land i have permission to hunt. What do you think my chances are finding something? Any tips that can help me increase my chances?
Thanks
Rob

As long as you have a water source nearby, look for a little elevation and start hunting there. Good Luck.

Move slow and dig every signal. Most areas like that have been hit hard over the years but chances of finding relics are always good near fords.Once crossing the Fords in the river, troops usually moved away from the Fords to camp as to keep the congestion down.I hunted near Whites Ferry before where at least 7 different camps were found over the years.
HH,
Jay

I have hunted Kelly's Ford at the river on the southern side of the river ,,,,,found part of a sword handle. I had a friend who lived about a mile or so south on the road that goes to rt 3 towards Chancellorsville

I just found out that there is a few old rock walls on his property that were latrines areas plus there is a stream. Back in the 70's someone found a gun that was dated back to the civil war . Since then nobody has ever been on his property and the property has been in his family for 85 years. I can't wait, my hopes are not too high but oh boy am i excited 6 days to go. There will be 3 of us hunting so hopefully somebody will find something and thanks for the tips
Lowtones

You divulged your exact location. There are folks on the Internet that can't wait to hunt someone else's property using someone else's reserch.

Never reveal any location!!

Anytime you get permission to hunt anywhere, go to it. Don't ask [size=x-large]?[/size]s. You never know what you'll find. There's not a place anywhere people have not walked at sometime.:detecting: