Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kellyco and Nokta

cadman_us

I just went to Kellyco to buy the FORS CoRe regular package, the small coil and a Garrett Pro-pointer AT. Over $1100,00 in the cart and Kellyco still wanted to charge shipping....

I will buy one used or not at all.....

A lot of dealers won't charge shipping if you buy a detector. I will wait until other dealers start selling the unit. GS

I just looked at their site. It says $5 shipping over $100. Call them tomorrow they'll make it right.

Do not buy one unless you are sure you are getting the updated model. The rocker switch design is old and has been replaced with push pads.

goodmore said:
Do not buy one unless you are sure you are getting the updated model. The rocker switch design is old and has been replaced with push pads.

I figure that is why they dropped the price, to clear the rocker switch inventory and then the price will go back up once the push pad models come in. I might be wrong (probably am..lol).

Are there going to be more dealers that carry Nokta detectors in the future? Is there a time table on other dealers?

Call me at 888.535.5926 ext 172 and I can rectify the situation.

JW

I believe the reduction in prices is 'mostly' due to the strength of the US dollar worldwide (cleanest dirty shirt, so to speak).....

but, even if they receive the newer membrane units they would want to 'clear out' the older units first, eh.....caveat emptor....be strong, be firm, know what you want....

Found a used one with the small coil, rocker switches versus push pads don't really bother me. In fact I can probably change out a bad rocker switch easier than I can a push pad switch...lol

on the Nokta FORS CoRe.

My new FORS CoRe has the membrane switches, but it still has the On/Off rocker switch that they have changed to a push-button type. I pamper all my detectors and always have, but with some of the wintry mix of freezing fog and rain we have been getting, with the associated chance for mud splashing or flipping onto the housing. I installed the excellent weather cover on the control box as well as the hand-grip & display.

Is it difficult to work the membrane switches with the environmental cover in place? No, not really, but I think the rocker switches would be much easier to handle with the plastic covering in use. I don't wear gloves but I know some folks do, and I am certain more people would have some difficulty working the membrane touchpads than rocking the toggle switches. In short, the attention to some customer requests, and possibly a little cost savings in parts was in order to decide on the membrane touchpads, but I have a couple of friends who wouldn't mind, or would actually prefer, the rocker switches.

Heck, it is a rocker switch used to turn mine On and Off, or to activate the tracking or manual/automated Ground Balance, and let's not forget the handy rocker switch for the light and the all important Pinpoint rocker toggle switch. The membrane touchpads are nice and add a little extra color to the side of the control housing, but I don't see any reason to not want one with rocker switches.

No charge for personal opinions,

Monte