Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kellyco Sent New Washers for Impact

CCadrin

I just received the new coil washers to replace the defective ones from Kellyco. I did not even contact them. The had the serial number and looked me up. What service.

CCadrin said:
I just received the new coil washers to replace the defective ones from Kellyco. I did not even contact them. The had the serial number and looked me up. What service.

I also received new washers from them today. I guess it's a recall like deal for the Impact and goes by serial number. I didn't even know there was an issue and when I got the mail, I couldn't figure out what they would have been sending me.

The enclosed letter says " This is to inform you that Impact Standard Packages with serial numbers 3001 thru 3534 and Pro Packages with serial numbers 3001 thru 3468 have been found to include the wrong plastic washers.

It is very important that you immediately replace your plastic washers with the new ones to avoid any frictional damage to the coil or the shaft under certain environmental conditions."

John

I got some today also and wondered why, so I did a quick check out as they seem the same until I went to bend them and see the new ones are rubber like and can bend better, so I feel there will be less re tightening them and less chance of the bolts breaking.
I really like the bolts they use on the Impact and how easy it is to put the coil on and off the shaft. The best I have seen, now to get the time to use it and understand the Impact and sell off some of the other detectors.

Rick

Hats off to Nokta and Kellyco for taking the initiative!

I also received the washers in the mail. the ones they sent are identical in measurement to the ones that came with my Pro Pack. I think it was a sporadic thing with getting the wrong ones so they just sent them to everyone to be pro-active. WAY TO GO NOKTA!!! It shows they care.

try twisting the new ones and the old ones and you will see the new ones are softer and a better rubber than the old ones, infact I wonder if the old one are even rubber and not a hard plastic.
My Impact was one of the first one pre ordered from Kellyco so I am sure the newer Impact has the better washers.

Rick

I got this too. They do take care of you once you buy from them.

Just as a note for Nokta, I have serial # 3340, and mine came with the correct washers on it.

I got a set in the mail too from metaldetectors.com where my Impact came from , so I suspect it's Nokta that did the leg work on getting the replacement washers out.

Nokta thanks for being so proactive on the matter :thumbup:

Hello all... no need to thank us...we actually apologize for this mistake and any inconvenience ... but as soon as we realized it, we sent the new ones to all dealers around the world without an exception...everybody, please make sure you do not use the old ones and replace them with the ones you received. THANK YOU GUYS for being such a supportive and understanding group...

Rick(ND) said:
try twisting the new ones and the old ones and you will see the new ones are softer and a better rubber than the old ones, infact I wonder if the old one are even rubber and not a hard plastic.
My Impact was one of the first one pre ordered from Kellyco so I am sure the newer Impact has the better washers.

Rick

I triple checked the softness of the original washers against the new ones and they are identical. Serial # 3361 on my Pro Package.

If you try to squeeze the new ones, they don't bend as much as the old ones. From what I read, Nokta was concerned for the original washers in extreme climate conditions. The new ones will hold up better.

I hope more will post on the quality of these washers as the ones I got sent to me are softer rubber so when I squeeze them they seem to bend more than the old ones do. my old ones seem like a hard plastic feel compared to the new rubber ones. I got the 5X10 coil coming from Kellyco with a couple of extra mounting kits so we will see what I will get maybe by the end of the week.

Rick

My original washers were softer and much easier to bend than the new washers. Rick, Are you sure you didn't get them mixed up? I found just the opposite from what you found. I checked mine straight from the envelope (stiff) and then removed the washers from the coils(soft). My new washers (from KellyCo) are much stiffer than the originals.

I doubled checked and the ones that were sent to me would flex more than the ones I took off and now I got in my new 7X10 coil and mounting bolt and washer and these are very stiff ??? I know I mounted it up on my extra shaft and it really hold tight and like the bolts they use, best I have ever seen. The main thing is that they do their job.

Rick