Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kenya coin in Missouri

tencents

You never know what's gonna come out of the ground.
20210507_161020.jpg20210507_161045.jpg

100% correct, and when you least expect it!

A coin like that always raises a lot of questions and makes us wonder.

Did some fellow just carry it around in his pocket, not knowing what it was? Did he just get an odd foreign coin in his change at the supermarket? (That's happened to me several times.)

Or, was it something important to him, and so losing it made him think about it and go looking for it?

I think that when we find something like that, we would gladly return it to the guy who lost it, just to hear his story.

Cheers,

Joe

Could be somebody took a trip to Kenya and brought it back and kept it as a good luck piece.

"wasn't Obama from Kenya ??"

He was born in Hawaii.

About that coin ...

Somebody else from Kenya was there, in Missouri (the "Show Me" state) on that day.

He was walking around with a coin in his pocket. Maybe a bar or another shop in Missouri took that Kenya coin, no problem, for a cold beer on a hot day, or a loaf of bread for the supper table.

Hey, you got a coin in your pocket change. Pass it on. No sweat.

Once, I got a coin from Colombia, in regular change from a supermarket. It was the same size as a quarter. It came to me in change as a quarter. It isn't worth a quarter, but I took it anyway. I could have given it back to the store's nice check-out clerk ... but no sweat, it took it anyway. Now it's in the the coin collection.

Now I'll get my 25 cents worth, many times over, just showing it to folks and talking about it.

When did it come here to the USA? How many times did it get exchanged for "25 cents"? How many times did it go OK, no problem, for a quarter, with nobody asking about it?

You get it in your change, you spend it, and the world goes on.

You drop it, and years later we get a "beep" and bring it back.

Mostly, we're just happy to find it. Sometimes -- rarely, but it happens -- history is made.

Cheers,

Joe

Cheers,

Joe

He was born in Hawaii.

About that coin ...

Somebody else from Kenya was there, in Missouri (the "Show Me" state) on that day.

He was walking around with a coin in his pocket. Maybe a bar or another shop in Missouri took that Kenya coin, no problem, for a cold beer on a hot day, or a loaf of bread for the supper table.

Hey, you got a coin in your pocket change. Pass it on. No sweat.

Once, I got a coin from Colombia, in regular change from a supermarket. It was the same size as a quarter. It came to me in change as a quarter. It isn't worth a quarter, but I took it anyway. I could have given it back to the store's nice check-out clerk ... but no sweat, it took it anyway. Now it's in the the coin collection.

Now I'll get my 25 cents worth, many times over, just showing it to folks and talking about it.

When did it come here to the USA? How many times did it get exchanged for "25 cents"? How many times did it go OK, no problem, for a quarter, with nobody asking about it?

You get it in your change, you spend it, and the world goes on.

You drop it, and years later we get a "beep" and bring it back.

Mostly, we're just happy to find it. Sometimes -- rarely, but it happens -- history is made.

Cheers,

Joe

Cheers,

Joe
Sorry for the Obama comment,,wasn't trying to get political,,, I actually meant his lineage , father , from kenya .
But yes ,, I understand your theory of how the coin got here . I've received foreign coins in that very same way, in change from a store . Nice find you made by the way .

Being in a university town foreign coins show up all the time.....