Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kevin Rose And Your MXT

umax

Want to dig, try this on for size...I live in South West Texas not far from Big Bend National Park...Not much in the way in relics and no where is gold to be found.
I am a meteorite hunter and have been a Madre user for a very long time....I can hit a golf ball size object at 4 foot...Takes a good year and way to many holes to be proficient with this detector..

Wow what a coil!!, How big is that and who made it again? In the older days there was larger coils, I had an 18 inch from Whites, but it was too heavy. Nowadays everyone wants to use a 4 inch coil to try and find the needle in the hay stack. Like you said, in some areas that is about all that is left to find. LOL! Good hunting, Gary.

Thats a Jimmy Sierra designed coil and built by the late James Karbowski the coil guru from Applied Creativity and is 25'' in size,also he built the BigFoots and Hotshot coils as well as a few others.

how much does it weigh?

my 1st thought was someone's taking the p$ss , but sense its been verified I want to know where to buy one :poke: this is the coil I need to finish my collection :yo: its one big a$$ coil that's all I can say. not sure there is much else to say.

AJ

This coil does not "see" ground minerals, wet salt or black sand and will cancel out the ground effect BEFORE it reaches the detector circuits. Amazingly enough, it is virtually unaffected by 60 cycle interference. Weight is less than most standard 8" search coils.

@AJ.this is one of these coils being used,it was shown on Monte's forum AHRPS,it will give you some indication how big it is.

file.php