Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

kHz Question

RELIC_HUNTER

Does anyone have a chart of all the 1200 series detectors and their kHz and which coils will work and not work on different machines....Trying to find dealer catalogs on the 1200 series line is near impossible....

I don't know the kHz for each detector, but all the 1200 series coils will on all the 1200 machines except the 1220 and 1260 and these coils will look pretty much the same except the connector plug is reversed so if you so just pay attention to the plug connector you should be okay. One other exception is the little 3 3/4" coil even with the right connector would not work on my 1270, but it would work on my 1265x and 1266x.

I just rounded up 3 coils for my 1270, a 5x10 elliptical, 5" and stock 8". So with the 10.5 that I had I now have just about everything that will work on the 1270. I can take any of these coils and hook them up to any 1200 series machine except the 1220 and 1260 and they will work.

Hope that helped,

Ron in WV

Other than the connector differences my brother mentioned above, they're are also these differences

Pre 1266 area coils were the solid box coil (non spider type) and were white.

Very early, or to say the first release of the 1266 coils were white spider coils, not black.

But Boxed, white or black will interchange with all the 1200's except for the 1220 and the 1260

Mark

I'm thinking the 1220, 1260, 1265,and 1266 ran at 4.8 kHz. I owned all of them except the 1270 over the years.
If you can find one of the old Depth Master Automatic amps I would recommend you buy it. It worked very well
on my machines. One of the deepest targets I ever dug was with this set up in an old park. I was literally elbow deep
before I found the target, a sterling silver medal about the size of a half dollar. That's 15 to 16 inches deep according to
my tape measure. The Depth Master increases the signal strength of weak signals so you can easily hear them.
I used a Depth Master Plus on my Tesoro Silver umax and it increased the distance I could hear a dime about 3 more inches and it was a solid signal......hh

Roger

RELIC_HUNTER,

I'm missing a few frquencies on the Fisher1200 Series models, but here's the ones that I have:

1212x---------4.2 kHz
1225x---------5.5 kHz
1235x---------
1236x2-------5.7 kHz
1260x----------
1265x----------
1266x/xb-----4.8 kHz
1270x---------8.2 kHz
1280x---------2.4 kHz

-NEBeachcomber

There was a very early version of the 1265x. The coil cable had a plastic connector, which would push on, turn collar 1/2 turn to lock to control box. Deep metal detector. It also had a small white plastic adjustment screw (on the back of the control box) to adjust....I think the threshold. Hard to find.