Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Killer B Stinger Durability

kittlitz

I've read a lot of good things about the audio quality of the Killer B headphone line, and am considering buying the Stinger model; I like the idea of having one ear free to keep track of what's going on around me. However, I have read some complaints about the build quality of the Stinger, so wanted to get opinions of how durable the model is before plunking down that much money. So.. anyone who's owned a Stinger, are you happy with the durability? Opinions on the audio are also welcome. :) Thanks!

-Ken

I can't attest to the stinger because I have the wasps but I'm very happy with mine.
I haven't heard anything about certain models having quality issues. It's usually all of a brand or none of a brand so I can't weigh in on the single model stinger being any worse. Hopefully someone who owns them will stumble in and weigh in

I've had the Stinger for at least 5 years and it works fine, no problems. As with other products, items of recent manufacture are not necessarily equal to earlier items. I have no reason to suspect a decline in quality but merely point out this possibility. I expect many more years of service from my Stinger. Note: headphones with 2 earcups will be more comfortable for a long detecting session.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Sounds like the Killer Bs are worth the investment.

dan h said:
I've had the Stinger for at least 5 years and it works fine, no problems. As with other products, items of recent manufacture are not necessarily equal to earlier items. I have no reason to suspect a decline in quality but merely point out this possibility. I expect many more years of service from my Stinger. Note: headphones with 2 earcups will be more comfortable for a long detecting session.

Do you know if the Stinger can be switched from ear to ear, or is it shaped specifically for the left or right ear? I can imagine it would get uncomfortable after awhile, but think I'm willing to put up with that when hunting alone for the extra piece of mind it would bring.

If I like the Stinger, I might invest in one of the two-earcup models for hunts where I don't have to keep "one ear open", as it were :)

-Ken

As far as I know it's interchangeable. I believe it's the same style muff as the other killer B's so besides any switches being opposite (back or front) they should be interchangeable.

I use my wasps that way. One on and one off and just switch during hunt

Stoof-tabsallday said:
As far as I know it's interchangeable. I believe it's the same style muff as the other killer B's so besides any switches being opposite (back or front) they should be interchangeable.

I use my wasps that way. One on and one off and just switch during hunt

Thanks, Stefan. So the Wasps can be worn with one headphone off the ear? I hadn't considered that... it might make sense to get a pair of those instead. Do you just rotate the earcup on the ear you want to leave free?

-Ken

I don't. I just pull it off and set it behind the love of my ear. This can get hot though where you put the other muff. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the tip. I realize the phones might get hot after awhile, but I guess that's the price to be paid for better audio quality.