Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Killer Bee headphone cord Wasps/Hornet

The Magician

I've been doing some research and the Killer Bee headphones sound great, just one major problem:

I have read numerous posts where people mention that the cable on the Killer Bees are prone to fault because they are week.

I want to get either the wasp or hornet versions, mainly the wasp, but the problem with wasps is that it appears the cable is also too short.

The Hornets seem about right because it is said that they are durable and tough, might not have the faulty cable issues. The hornets have longer cables. The issue, and the only issue for me with the hornets is that they are heavy.

Have others found these factors to be real problems, are there really cable issues on the Wasp series? Are the Hornets too heavy?

I have the Hornet. No problems with cable but boy are they heavy. I had to attach a string to the head band, it goes around behind my head to keep them from falling off when I bend down. I now use other headphones that are lighter.

I have the Killer B Optima's. Fit comfortably and are quite rugged. After 4 years of weekly use, dropping them, twisting them, snagging, pulling, etc.
The cord connection at the headset gave out. They repaired them abd had them back to me in 3 days for ONLY t5he cost of the postage $7.50. !!!!
I recommend their quality.

I don't know about the killer-B's but I've found the Sunray Pro Gold's to be very GOOD!
The leather ear cups are another nice touch! most if not all the others use plastic or vinyl (even the higher end models)
The limiter circuit is top notch,
quality volume controls, (dual controls)
They just seem to be an all round great set of headphones.

Mark

I have been using the wasp's for about 8 months now. Other than being hot when working in the Arizona sun they are absolutely great. They are not heavy, they fit very well and the cord having a 90 degree plug is really nice. I can lay the detector on the ground and stand beside it with no issues. I'm not tall at 5 foot 10, I do not think you will be disappointed with the wasps.

I have the Killer B II's. Comfortable. Good sound. Helps to keep outside noise from interfering with what you are listening for. Cord is plenty long. Have only had mine for a bit over three months so I can not speak to durability. I like the II's as they have volume control for each ear. Helps greatly if you have hearing problems.

Sunrays Pro Gold sound good, I'll have a look into that. Looks like Killer Bees are out of the question, I've had more people tell me they've had a problem with the cord. Thanks for the replies.

I've had my Killer B's Hornet headset with leather cups since 2007. Twice I broke off the limit switch by laying them on the ground. Recently the headband broke. I have to call and see how much it is to replace or just buy new ones. My hunting partner uses Sunray Pro's and loves them. I like my Killer B's. You said looks like the Killer B's are out of the question after five people in posts above just told you how good they are geesh!

The Magician said:
Sunray Pro Gold sound good, I'll have a look into that. Looks like Killer Bees are out of the question, I've had more people tell me they've had a problem with the cord. Thanks for the replies.

The only difference between the Sunray Pro Gold and Killer B's Wasp are the switches. The Killer B's Wasp headphones have locking switches and the Sunray Pro Gold headphones have none locking switches with rubber switch covers to keep the dirt and grime out. The cords are the same and so is everything else, except for the name.

tabman

The Cord problem Killer Bee's was Older model ones the newer ones have been changed are very good. I have Bee's 2 their Great 14 months old.