Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Killer Bees and Bounce

silversmith

By now everyone must know the effectiveness the clothes softener "Bounce" is on bugs. Just toss a sheet in your shirt pocket and if there is an abundance of little fliers around (bees, gnats, 'skeeters, etc.) just grab the sheet and rub it all over your face, arms, and other exposed body parts, and ya just seem to disappear of the bugs radar. For me it works better than any other form of repellent I've tried.
My question, anyone been around Killer bees with stuff and did it work? Any ideas or data welcomed.

An other option is buy a bottle of Skin so Soft from Avon, I don't know how it works but my Father-in-Law swore by it. My wife uses it and the mosquitoes stay away form here.
I think it comes scented and unscented.

Hi W6PEA. Skin so Soft works Ok, but needs to be re-applied every half hour or so. Also the company that sells it, now sells it as a repellent and want high bucks for a very small bottle. 73, K6ZL.

Here in Illinois we have those damned little buffalo gnats in the early summer that just drive you crazy. Swarms of them flying around and making life miserable if you attempt to go outside. I have tried the Bounce dryer sheets, Skin So Soft, Absorbine JR, Vanilla extract, and a few others with little success. The best thing I have found that works on almost all insect pests is a product called Buggins. It has a pleasant smell and isn't greasy feeling on your skin. A small 4 or 6 ounce bottle sells for 5.99 and you spray yourself around the face and it works very well. Never dealt with killer bees before so I can't answer that question, but can tell you the best thing to use on wasp nests and other bee nests is either a spray bottle or pump up sprayer filled with water and a few shots of dish washing liquid. The soap will encapsulate the bees and suffocate them in short order, plus they can't fly once sprayed with the soapy water. It really works and is much cheaper than buying a can of Raid to spray them with...............Roger