Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kind of dirt??

littlenugget

This is the kind of dirt i will be searching, can some tell my what kind is this? its read orange that's the only thing i know o and still waiting for my scorpion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting:

Usually red dirt like that indicates iron.. in specific iron oxide (think rust)

Some volcanic rocks are red, but that doesnt look volcanic.

Ground that is red like that is usually mineralized and can have gold in it. How large an area is like that.

Whats the ground around it look like ?

Are there any mines around the area or signs of old timer diggings ?

Have you done any detecting in that area ?

With out doing test on it there's no telling what might be in it .

yes theres a mine of copper about 1 mile away or 2 , and many people have told me that not only copper is found on that mine but also gold, buy nobody wants to tell that, its kind of a secret.

XT18000 said:
Ground that is red like that is usually mineralized and can have gold in it. How large an area is like that.

Whats the ground around it look like ?

Are there any mines around the area or signs of old timer diggings ?

Have you done any detecting in that area ?

With out doing test on it there's no telling what might be in it .

If you can get a typographical map it will help, but if not work the whole area anyway.
Detect ANY place that water has ran down from the highest parts in the area to start with.
Then work the higher ground between these areas.
Keep on the lookout for any old worked areas such as test pits and the like, if you find any
of these start as close to them as you can and work down slope from them using a fan shaped
search pattern. Copper and Gold nuggets can be found together so dig all targets.
Work LOW AND SLOW with that coil ( as small a search coil as you can ) and you might
do some good there. Someone else did the real hard work for you ,they found enough in
that area to start up a mine !!!