Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kinda sad pic....

slingshot

The Royal Sabre has been setting in the back of my parked van for months- I just plain forgot about it! Well, I saw it and the pitiful shape it's in and decided to take it out. I use the split tone function, so the discriminate knob has set in the lowest position so long it's frozen.:sadwalk: Last year I cut out a (pitiful) piece of metal so I could mount it to the pole.:stars:. Well, I found out it still had all the great Tesoro characteristics. The dimes are glazed and were on the surface and I guess I missed them last week with my other detector, but the quick reset let me know they were there, so I guess some newly dropped coins DO give a narrow signal. The dark quarter was next to a large signal, but I gotTWO beeps instead of one- great separation! Thought about sending it in for a refurbish, but would probably cost quite a bit.:mad:unsure:. Hope you enjoy.:shrug: PS. Left outside for a pic and it started raining on it!
:rage:q11​

:nono: I'm afraid that this has gone just a little too far, Slingshot. I'm going to have to report you to P.E.T.T. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Tesoros').

- or -

How about you send that Sabre to me, and I'll forget all about the abuse? :thumbup:

Daddy said:
:nono: I'm afraid that this has gone just a little too far, Slingshot. I'm going to have to report you to P.E.T.T. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Tesoros').

- or -

How about you send that Sabre to me, and I'll forget all about the abuse? :thumbup:
I probably should be reported!:look: when I saw it I was like OMG! I had to put the brown coil from my Silver on it and dang if most of the outer cable didn't crack. The sun was shining when I put it outside to take pics, and by the time I finished my post a gully washer hit!! Texas weather!! If Publisher's Clearing House visits me this year:rolleyes:, I'm sending it in to Tesoro and seeing if they can do anything with it. Shows how far ahead of it's time the Royal was.

If you are the original owner Tesoro may amaze you with multiple FREE repairs as lifetime warranity to 1st buyer. They redid mine after 25+ years. coils,controls etc. John

Hoser John said:
If you are the original owner Tesoro may amaze you with multiple FREE repairs as lifetime warranity to 1st buyer. They redid mine after 25+ years. coils,controls etc. John
Unfortunately, no. Even tho I got it almost 20 years ago. They are honest folks so I won't try to put anything over on them. The only ordeal I had with them was with my new Silver Sabre umax which I sent in 5 times- they claiming nothing was wrong. Fortunately, I had a great dealer who took it back and traded a Silver umax w/tote bag, 4" coil (which I still have), and even offered $25 in cash extra ( which I refused). He's the only reason I'm a Tesoro user today!