Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

King of the analog machines.

JASONSPAZ1

I sure would like an America manufacture or a European company to come out with an ultimate knobs and toggle beep and dig analog.
Target tone ID like a golden Sabre on steroids or a Tejon souped up with growth hormones.
manual ground adjust, iron volume, dual disc, and a background threshold to get those deep whispers.
Kinda like a tejon with a operating frequency in the 14khz range.
Too much to ask for?
Deep tech Vista is all that remains to possibly create such a machine.
Deep tech needs a machine geared towards American coin and relic hunting. It may be a pipe dream to have Tesoro pull that off. I hope Deeptech can create a vista to fit that bill. I certainly think there is a market for an analog monster of a machine.
Time will tell.
HH
JASON

Just get yourself a Goldmax power.......ground adjust,iron threshold,iron volume 2 or 3 tone id,silencer,plenty of power and still hard to beat in iron infested areas.It's still the best detector you can buy with knobs and toggles.......in my humble opinion.

I actually looked into the Gold Max Power. Problem is that I can not find a dealer in the USA or overseas that would ship to the states. I remember seeing NorfolkWolf's videos years back and I was very impressed with the Power.

I do have a selection of Analogue machines,the 2 power houses are the Nexus SE dual 9'' coil and the latest Nexus MP,the latter option has taken me a long time to tame but it was worth it,the dual 9'' coil SE is a few years old but still possibly the deepest VLF machine that i have used,the MP although i have a array of large coils for pasture use,the best combination that i have found is using the 7'' coil '8x6' actual size its very lightweight which is a massive bonus because of a old wrist injury but the depth from the combination is just amazing,still sensitive on small/medium targets but still hits those larger targets at crazy depth.

One other analogue machine that i also have is a 'Laser Trident11 Extreme' basically a Vaquero running on steroids,brand new but how ever hard i try i just cannot get on with this machine,used it just a few days from new but it sits in the corner gathering dust,i do use it occasionally with a small coil for use on trashy roman sites,but i just dont like it.

My favourite Analogue machines apart from the 2 Nexus ones are my Laser B3 and IDX Pro,something magical about these 2 machines,maybe not the deepest but seem to give me the most enjoyment factor,but for pure depth the Nexus machines just cannot be touched.

XP didn't get FCC certification for the wireless headphones on the GoldMaxx Power.
Seems they put all their eggs in the Deus basket.

There is a used GMP with 3 coil on ebay

Mikron is another beep and dig maker that looks pretty interesting. They also make a TID model that looks somewhat like a Cortez.

dgerst said:
Mikron is another beep and dig maker that looks pretty interesting. They also make a TID model that looks somewhat like a Cortez.
I had to google them after that post. The nrg 150 is an older machine I guess is still their current machine. Looks interesting. I see it listed in a couple frequencies and seems to have some good features.

I spoke to this dealer this evening. He was a nice guy willing to answer my questions. Sounds like a solid fast and deep detector. He says the disc circuit is higher than Pirate, deeptech, and golden mask but still not up to zinc pennies... claims the vdi is accurate at depth and actually began carrying these over the pirates. He says they are rugged and Qc has been improved a bit. I believe I will buy one soon. I’m itchin bad for something new

IowaRelic said:
I spoke to this dealer this evening. He was a nice guy willing to answer my questions. Sounds like a solid fast and deep detector. He says the disc circuit is higher than Pirate, deeptech, and golden mask but still not up to zinc pennies... claims the vdi is accurate at depth and actually began carrying these over the pirates. He says they are rugged and Qc has been improved a bit. I believe I will buy one soon. I’m itchin bad for something new

NRG is basic like the Cortes. NRG150 Circuit design is actually over 10 years old but, the detector was released around 2010.

Yes I have read that they are not new. But, the vaquero came out in 04, the t2 in like 02 or something, and the Deus was like 09? Old tech seems still relevant. Yeah I bet there is better machines from over there, but the depth and sensitivity seems on par with others....fun to watch and compare.

Yes old tech still brings home the goods, I use detectors from the 70-80's now and then. The NRG150 sounds like it has older type audio and target response which many would find pleasing, probably would be fun to use. I looked at them with interest, a number of years ago. But at the time the guys who visit Tom D's forum indicated they had to return them as they came defective as well had other QC issues.

Sven said:
Yes old tech still brings home the goods, I use detectors from the 70-80's now and then. The NRG150 sounds like it has older type audio and target response which many would find pleasing, probably would be fun to use. I looked at them with interest, a number of years ago. But at the time the guys who visit Tom D's forum indicated they had to return them as they came defective as well had other QC issues.

Staffs Detecting wont take a NRG machine is part ex due to the unreliability of them,once he has bought or part ex he ha major problems off loading them again,so end up loosing money on them,also suggested that if they went wrong you might as well toss them in the bin.Never ever seen on being used here in the UK that speaks volumes in itself.i also like using older technology but some brand just are not worth taking the risk with and NRG comes under that risk banner in my mind.

Of course if someone want to buy one its thats persons own money they can do what ever they like,but for me personally its not for me.

Thank you for the info. That’s definitely something to be considered that they are not used much in the uk. However I’ve read Tesoro’s aren’t either...I would have trouble with a machine that’s not rugged. Who’s been buying the mikron if it’s been around so long? I mean Tesoro dies from not diversifying to meet wants so what’s the deal here I wonder? Either it’s a good machine or it’s just a toy. I will admit the plastic looks hokey. The price would reflect a lower end machine imo....

Quote “Just get yourself a Goldmax power.......ground adjust,iron threshold,iron volume 2 or 3 tone id,silencer,plenty of power and still hard to beat in iron infested areas.It's still the best detector you can buy with knobs and toggles.......in my humble opinion.“

I concur!

It’s 18 kHz of RAW power!
Awesome in IRON, separation is still right up in the top w the new machines and I found I liked it better than my DEUS and just as deep.

Try this test.

Take a .3 cent nickel and put up to most machines and see where it registers, if it does at all.

The GMP bangs nice and loud and still rejects the iron.

Aaron

You can get one on FeeB$y for under $500.00

It’s a KILLER of a machine especially w the WS3 phones.

Aaron

Aaron said:
You can get one on FeeB$y for under $500.00

It’s a KILLER of a machine especially w the WS3 phones.

Aaron

Intriguing... how high does the discrimination range go? A lot of the European machines that look like good successors to Tesoros can only discriminate as high as small foil. Much as I try to run with disc that low, sometimes I get lazy. :)

-Ken