Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kitty Hawk, NC. Detecting

xwyokid

I know it's the off-season but, we have a great opportunity to visit the area and stay for almost free(?). So, the question is...Is metal detecting allowed in the area's beaches?

I know it's the off-season but, we have a great opportunity to visit the area and stay for almost free(?). So, the question is...Is metal detecting allowed in the area's beaches?
Nags head and north are OK. South Nags Head, where the National park starts and south are no go. Way up the north side in Corolla, heading north, where the Currituck Banks Reserve starts and north is no go. Kitty Hawk ocean front is just fine! If you go, enjoy it!

Here is a nice little 10k ring I found in Kitty Hawk a few years ago.

10Kring.JPG

Just got back from OBX 2 weeks ago... Landed there the night of the tropical storm that blew thru.. Hunting just SUCKED the entire week we were there. Stayed in southern shores, drove down to kitty hawk/ kill devil hills area... didn't matter. Hunted and hunted and hunted, found a total of 16 cents a shipwreck spike and an unknown shipwreck coin. That was the worst I ever did in the OBX..

Mark ( ohio )

The amount of sand movement in the OBX is incredible. Every day can be an entirely new adventure.
It can be if your lucky enough to come across a 4-5 ft cut somewhere in an area, than you may have a good opportunity to uncover desirables. if not then its what it is usually just sanded in.

Best of luck.