Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Knocked the moth balls and dust off the old T2 SE today

sws33

Did a little research and found an old, used to be, Park in Huntington Beach of all places. Mostly just a bunch of weeds and a couple of homeless shelters now. I hit it with a Sharpshooter coil but the place is absolutely littered with aluminum garbage as well as miscellaneous iron targets all over the place. I did however dig up an old All Quality Mint token from I believe the thirties and a really old western 410 paper shotgun shell. I'll be headed back with a 5 inch coil. There has got to be silver in the ground somewhere, I also read that at one point there was an old church there. Tried to upload a picture from my cell phone about four times with zero luck.

My 5'' coil basically stays on my T2 all the time these days,absolutely deadly combination,on one of my permissions the trashy content is pretty dire,but the small coil plucks the decent silver hammered coins from in between all the just and at some reasonable depth i may add as well,methodical and slow swing speeds are best used with this small coil.Also use a Sharpshooter coil like yourself but that is basically used instead of the stock coil.

Went back out two more times. The first of these attempts I was all but skunked, except for a couple bottle caps, both steel and aluminum, and the item I'm going to try to post a pic of. A close look at the chip on it shows what I think is a first Texas stamp. There were other miscellaneous electrical parts about making me wonder if someone couldn't handle all the junk in the ground and destroyed their machine.
I decided to go home and get some info on other possible settings. The second trip was far better as I went back and tried 3b and 50 disc and sens as high as I could get it. Wow. So much better. I'm cleaning the finds and will post pics after. Two silver rings were part of the finds, again, pics to follow cleaning.

Here is the thing.

Trip 2 finds

That doesn't look like anything that would come off a metal detector. I couldn't make out the writing but with the Texas picture it might be something made by Texas Instruments.

I took out my loop and I believe you are correct sir. At first look I thought a little Texas stamp with a one on it. I believe that it is an "I" for Texas instruments