Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Koss headphone cable replacement

Jed in NC

I added a CTX endcap to my Excal II and ordered some of Tony's headphones for CTX. Want to repair my stock headphones to use as a backup. The cable has rotted. The CTX pigtail has Red and Black wires leaving the control tube. The Koss phones have Red,Black,Yellow, and White wires. Looks like the Red and White are paired up and the Black and Yellow. Just want to know how to splice in a new cable.
headphone.JPG

Yellow and White per a post by OBN on another forum.
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 11.49.16 AM.png

You can order the M12 fitting for the headphone side if you don’t want to open machine to switch headphones. You can also change out the whole cable.

Attachments

• E15AD30B-3096-4EA8-B8A1-9637FC2A5E1E.jpeg
    E15AD30B-3096-4EA8-B8A1-9637FC2A5E1E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 199
  • 746B8888-19C2-4616-A385-4E0AD8D10635.jpeg
    746B8888-19C2-4616-A385-4E0AD8D10635.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 192
You can order the M12 fitting for the headphone side if you don’t want to open machine to switch headphones. You can also change out the whole cable.
Thanks for the reply. Just added a CTX endcap and have one Amphenol M12 for the headphones. Could you PM me with info on where you sourced your connectors from and the part numbers. Would like to get some for future mods and repairs. I'm trying to decide if I want a coiled headphone cable or not. I'm an audio engineer and have lots of audio cables, but not coiled. Seems like the coiled portion of my original cable is where I had the biggest breakdown. Wonder if the coiling process weakens the jacket?

You need a 3m m12 8 pin connector.

I was getting them from Digikey buy they are showing zero in stock. I can look later to see if I can find them someplace else.

They might have them under a different part number also.

MFG# 12-08BFFA-SL8001 8 PIN Female
MFG# 12-08BMMA-SL8001 8 PIN Male

Those are the fittings you need. My normal supplier is out of them.

I'm going to try this place.

So I am really wanting to change out my headphones on my Excalibur II but I am really averse to cracking open the machine. Any recommendations?

It’s not that hard.

Take out 2 set screws then pull the end cap out. The white connector plugs on the board.

Attachments

• 76D7B903-9E65-4BA4-A836-2CE777916A5C.jpeg
    76D7B903-9E65-4BA4-A836-2CE777916A5C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93