Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Koss Headphones

rjsupersonic

Getting ready to order a 705, wanted to know if anyone is using the Minelab Koss UR 30 headphones? Are they any good, any other recommendations for headphones?

Thanks

I prefer my GG or GGNDTs. Better fit (on my huge melon), block out more "outside" noise, Stereo/Mono switch for more universal applications, longer cord, 90 degree plug, volume control(s), more sold "build", replaceable pads. ..... HH Randy

Sound quality of the Koss UR-30's is actually quite good but they do not have built-in volume controls. They are comfortable over-the-ear style and can be worn over a ball cap which I prefer. I like 'em but I also have some others with volume control so I don't use them all the time. To me, any over-the-ear type in hot weather just won't work. Seems to me that most X-Terra users generally upgrade from the UR-30's in the long term.

Think you'll enjoy the :minelab:705!
JMO

I would not recommend koss ur 30's to anyone for any detector, personal choice mind you and we do all have different hearing etc etc. But I've never liked any of the koss phones.

The UR's are around 100ohm's, and even though those brilliantly quality made phones from Detector pro like the Ghosts and Widows are around 150ohm and last a lifetime and really are sweet, the cheap twin volume control RPG phone at 32ohm are the most perfectly suited to XTerra's, any detector for that matter. The cord is far too long so you have to shorten it and pop a new plug on. Or attach a curly-cord if you prefer them, the cups click off very easily.
If you want to get the most out you're 705, especially if you'll be using the threshold, or in prospecting mode, you will gain inches in depth by using phones that suit, as the right phones can pick up wavering changes that the higher ohm's cannot.

Always be on the lookout for some of those old second hand 8ohm and 32ohm phones from 30 years ago too, and keep a collection of them, as some are fantastic for our units.

I've tried the top of the line GreyGhosts, Killer Bees and keep coming back to the Garrett's Delux for about $35.00. Ther are comfortable, have volume adjustment, coil phone cord and most of all, have excellent tone separation.

argyle said:
I would not recommend koss ur 30's to anyone for any detector, personal choice mind you and we do all have different hearing etc etc. But I've never liked any of the koss phones.

The UR's are around 100ohm's, and even though those brilliantly quality made phones from Detector pro like the Ghosts and Widows are around 150ohm and last a lifetime and really are sweet, the cheap twin volume control RPG phone at 32ohm are the most perfectly suited to XTerra's, any detector for that matter. The cord is far too long so you have to shorten it and pop a new plug on. Or attach a curly-cord if you prefer them, the cups click off very easily.
If you want to get the most out you're 705, especially if you'll be using the threshold, or in prospecting mode, you will gain inches in depth by using phones that suit, as the right phones can pick up wavering changes that the higher ohm's cannot.

Always be on the lookout for some of those old second hand 8ohm and 32ohm phones from 30 years ago too, and keep a collection of them, as some are fantastic for our units.

Would sure like to hear some more feedback on the 32ohm phones for the xterra 705 and why they are suited for the xterra. Kellyco has a light weight inexpensive 32ohm that I was considering (for summer)

Any input would be appreciated.