Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer 7" concentric coil vs 5x9.5DD coil VDI of crown cap bottle caps

pine3874

I noticed something very strange when comparing the 7" concentric coil to the 5x9.5 DD coil when it comes to the VDI numbers on crown cap bottle caps(beer) in 3-tone mode. They both give a very distinctive mixed tone sound and jumpy numbers that makes it very easy to tell that it's a crown cap bottle cap, but the VDI of the 7" is in the 30's and the VDI of the 5x9.5" is in the 70's. When it comes to all other targets other than the crown cap bottle caps, the VDI's are pretty much the same with both coils. I've never experienced anything like this on any other detector that I've ever used. Anyone have an explanation?

I used the 7" on one hunt in a wooded park next to a sandy fresh water beach. The site was occupied since 1850

Not enough experience with the 7" yet to comment much.

At the edge of the tree line there was a huge old tree. The root line was buried by sand over the years. I picked a deep faint signal in the 70's.

What was confusing me was the graph meter was pegged like it was deep, All the bars were dark. Tthe Pin point depth numeral said 2.

I notice that a few times with other targets.

After digging mostly sand for a good 12" I came up with a rusty Crown Cap.

So I wonder if rust or depth affect the ID number.

It's common for DD coils to ready bottle caps as high.
Happens on my Tesoro units too with their DD coils too. Makes it tough in older areas when there were many glass bottles being drank.
Concentric are much better, for me, as far as discerning bottle caps. But to dig small gold you still have to dig them.

As long as I don't have the discrimination turned up the Kruzer seems very good at
IDing rusty bottle caps with a DD. Always seems to make that raspy high tone mixed with iron grunt,
Was thinking of getting the 7" concentric but after a week ofusing the 5x9dd I got from the OP ,
I don't think it will ever come off! Great separation and doesn't seem to give up any noticeable depth
compared to stock coil in my test bed and the sites I frequent.