Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer Back to Racer 2- A Love Story

Dr. Witty

So now that my Kruzer has gone back to Georgia for repair I have once again picked up my Racer 2, and I'm finding that it's really a way better sounding machine. It also seems deeper and less chatty in 2 tone mode as opposed to 4 tone mode on the Kruzer. Also the buttons are better and the pinpoint and ground balance trigger is just a joy to use. On Saturday I found my first IH cent since well before I got my Kruzer. I think i got lucky on that though because I found it after I kicked over a rotten stump. So I guess the question i'm asking now is has anyone with both machines tried going back to the Racer 2, and if so did you stick with it? I may have to stick with the Racer 2 for all but water hunting. It just sounds and acts way more stable to me. The one area where I think the Kruzer really shines better than the Racer 2 is with 3 tone 89 gain, on 19 khz in the trashy sites, it's just a beast for separation and recovery speed.

Def agree with the Racer 2 having a better button layout then the Multi Kruzer or Anfibio, and you just cannot beat a trigger switch, it simply becomes an extension of your hand, you don't have to fumble around to look for it, you just do it without even thinking about it. The MMK's 3 tone 89 gain mode does real well in iron and it's more stable (EMI resistant) then the 4 tone mode, but the 4 tone mode is sparky and DEEEEEEP. I thought the audio was a little more refined on the MMK. I don't hunt in 2 tone mode, I should try it.

Racer 2 is great as a coin hunter.
Kruzer/Anfibio just have so many more options, which when you get used to, it's hard to give up.

Yes I too like the trigger, and it's just one of many reasons why the Impact is still my primary machine when not near water.