Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer coils...compatible with Racers?

Furious T

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I hope members or Makro can help me with, involving the new Kruzer. I am interested in the Kruzer 14 kHz model. First question is: Are the Racer coils able to be used on the Kruzer. Second question: Is the 11" x 7" dd coil which is standard on the Kruzer built like the coil which came out with the original Racer or the coil which came out with the Racer 2, with respect to where the fitting for bolting onto the detector shaft is located. I have the Red Racer and the Racer 2, and also have 4 coils, so if the coils are compatible with Racers and the 14 kHz Kruzer it would be beneficial to me. Thanks in advance for any information

Furious T said:
Hi, I have a couple of questions that I hope members or Makro can help me with, involving the new Kruzer. I am interested in the Kruzer 14 kHz model. First question is: Are the Racer coils able to be used on the Kruzer.
NO, the Kruzer and Multi-Kruzer use a different coil connector, therefore the search coils are not interchangeable.

Furious T said:
Second question: Is the 11" x 7" dd coil which is standard on the Kruzer built like the coil which came out with the original Racer or the coil which came out with the Racer 2, with respect to where the fitting for bolting onto the detector shaft is located.
The 7X11 DD Kruzer-series coil is similar to the 7X11 on the original Makro Racer and Nokta Impact with regard to the rod-mount position.

Furious T said:
I have the Red Racer and the Racer 2, and also have 4 coils, so if the coils are compatible with Racers and the 14 kHz Kruzer it would be beneficial to me. Thanks in advance for any information
I know what you mean, however there are reasons for differences in models within a product line, not always associates with an operating frequency. Some examples:

My Tesoro Mojave and Vaquero do not interchange search coils, partly due to the differences in circuitry design. Models made by Tesoro that have operated from the 9.6 kHz Troy Shadow X2, through all the 10 kHz and 12 kHz models and up to the 15 kHz Golden Sabre Plus ALL interchange search coils.

My White's XLT @ 6.59 kHz doesn't share coils with my other White's models, but my MXT All-Pro and new MX-7's DO operate at the same 13.9 kHz, however, they do not use the same coil connector or interchange between them.

My Nokta FORS CoRe @ 15 kHz and FORS Relic @ 19 kHz have similar connectors, but they don't work when interchanged.

So, like you, I have and enjoy my 14 kHz Makro Racer 2 but will have to get the 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils or my test sample Multi-Kruzer because it doesn't interchange coils with my Racer 2.

Part of the reason might simply be due to the waterproof ability of the connector used on the new Kruzer series.

Monte

Thanks Monte, yes I had not thought through the fact that the Kruzer is waterproof and so would require different connectors ( to the Racer) for its coils. I appreciate your input. Pete

Monte....

The Shadow X-2 was built by Fisher wasn't it..?? So the coils would not be compatible with the others. Appreciate all the great info on the Kruzer... Just ordered one from Dan Patterson. Also got the pinpointer and every small coil that will work.on the Kruzer..... Good to see you are still in here...

The Mayor

X2 was a Tesoro product X3 and X5 were Fisher products.

The Mayor said:
Monte....

The Shadow X-2 was built by Fisher wasn't it..?? So the coils would not be compatible with the others.
No, the Troy Custom Shadow X2 was nothing more than a very slightly modified Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX stuck in the black rod and housing package. It shares all the general use Tesoro model coils. The X3 and X5 were handled by Fisher and use completely different coils than the X2.

The Mayor said:
Appreciate all the great info on the Kruzer... Just ordered one from Dan Patterson. Also got the pinpointer and every small coil that will work.on the Kruzer..... Good to see you are still in here...

The Mayor
I only have the prototype 'test' Multi-Kruzer and anticipate getting a factory production device with a couple of enhancements/features not on our test samples.

As for search coils, I'll use the stock 7X11 maybe for some Beach Hunting, but otherwise there are mainly just 2 search coils I really need and 1 more coil than I want for the Multi-Kruzer and I'll be fully equipped for any hunt site challenge I typically encounter. The NEEDED coils are the 7" Concentric which will be my general-use, always kept mounted coil, and the round 5" DD for the nastiest of iron trash environments I encounter ... often. My WANTED 3rd search coil is the 5X9½ DD open-frame coil for low-to-moderate trashy conditions in more open environments.

I have been using the short-cabled coils off my Nokta Impact, but tonight I am shuffling several coils around and the 7" Concentric is going back on the working end of my Impact. :thumbup: I will be mounting the 5" DD on my Multi-Kruzer because I have been hunting two good potential renovation sites here in town that are very littered with rubble from an old building collapse, and another is an old house demolition site. Getting a production Multi-Kruzer and the 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils is #1 on my 'Most Wanted' list right now.

I know that once you spend time with whatever Kruzer model you are getting, the more excited you will be with the comfort and convenience they offer. Once you're comfortable with it, you will be very satisfied with the value and performance.

Monte