Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer coils on Impact?

J-ROB

I own a Multi Kruzer with several coils and i am thinking about picking up an Impact. Can I use Kruzer coils on the Impact? I know the Kruzer cable is longer but can i jury rig it....wrap the extra wire around the shaft or something?

The Impact would be a lot more attractive to me if i can use the 5" and 7" accessory coils that I already have. What do you say?

Simplex, Kruzer and Anfibio all have waterproofed coil cable connectors with an X pin pattern. So, I don't know if your plan will work. I have thought about using Racer 2 coils on my Kruzer............same problem.

Jeff

I think the Kruzer and Impact coils are functionally the same with same connector but have different length cables since the cable runs inside the shaft on the Impact and outside on the. Kruzer/Anfibio.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do something with the extra cable to make it workable, like wrapping the excess around the shaft. I never saw an Impact up close to check how the cable enters the shaft at the coil end.

Not sure that the Simplex is compatible with the Kruzer/Impact coils even if they use that same waterproof connector. I think it is a different design for the Simplex.

I own a Multi Kruzer with several coils and i am thinking about picking up an Impact. Can I use Kruzer coils on the Impact? I know the Kruzer cable is longer but can i jury rig it....wrap the extra wire around the shaft or something?

The Impact would be a lot more attractive to me if i can use the 5" and 7" accessory coils that I already have. What do you say?
Yes, the Kruzer, Anfibio and Impact coils can be shared .... but the coil cables can't. I had an Impact when the Multi-Kruzer came out and I could use my 7" Concentric and 5" DD from the Impact on the Multi-Kruzer ... HOWEVER, the short cable couldn't be wrapped, and at the longest stretch I was barely able to use the Multi-Kruzer.

But it doesn't work in reverse-order. The Kruzer and Anfibio coils have a longer coil-cable and it is too long to stuff inside the Impact's lower and center rods. That Impact and all the coils and five other detectors, headphones and coils, etc. were all stolen from my vehicle. Last month I contacted my Dealer and bought a brand new Impact and new 7" Concentric and 5" DD coils because those are my two favorite coils with their models. I think the long down-time got to me when I ordered it. I have been making some serious cuts in my Detector Outfit and when I sold one detector I figured I had a sot on the den wall and put in my order. Problem, or at least one of them, is I need to still make more cuts as I trim down my Outfit.

So, after only putting 1 h. 10 min. on the Impact and 7" Concentric at the park, I'm putting the entire package together as I have to let it go. Also going to thin out a brand new XP ORX I bought in October, but it has 2 hours of use on it now. Age, compounded by declining health just doesn't let me get out as often or put in the time and effort I used to, and the Impact is/was one of my all-time favorite Nokta or Makro devices, and for two good reasons. ONE: It uses replaceable Alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries instead of built-in, and TWO: It's their last general-purpose model that has the headphone jack in the proper location. At the rear of the housing near the elbow.

Plus, with my bad spine and other ailments, the Impact is better-balanced and more comfortable to use with a 5" DD or 7" Concentric than the Racer 2, Multi-Kruzer or Anfibio with the same-size coils mounted. One fellow contacted me who has a 14 kHz Kruzer and asked about the Impact because he also has the 5" DD and 7" Concentric coils already, and also wanted to know if they could be 'adapted '? As I told him, he could use the longer cabled coils, but would need to wrap them up the rod, and also make a cut in the middle rod near the middle-upper rod junction to feed the other end of the cable into the middle rod. Then attach the connectors, then insert the middle rod and make necessary lower rod-length adjustment so the wrapped cable wouldn't be too loose and saggy, or overly-tight or binding

I also cautioned that the new cut hole in the rod would have some protection around the edge of the hole to protect the coil cable from any cutting, slicing or scaring.

Monte

Thanks for your comments, Monte! I kinda figured that an extra hole in the shaft would be necessary to allow the cable to get inside the shaft, but I'm willing to do that.

Likle you, I am no fan of non-easily replaceable batteries and non standard headphone jacks, especially since I am not a water hunter and that where these packaging "enhancements" really come into play. AA cells and 1/4" jacks are fine by me.

I find the balance of the Kruzer OK with the smaller coils but not great. Some people say that the Impact is better balanced and I can believe it. Overall, the package of the Kruzers seems quite solid and well thought out but I am not 100% in love with S-rod ergonomics for my needs. I hear the pistol grip of the Impact calling to me....

I really appreciate all of your replies. It is hard for me to keep coil compatibility information straight sometime.
Monte, I'm really sorry to hear about your recent loss of so many detectors due to theft. How many times has this happened to you in your career?

thanks Monte and J-ROB

J-ROB: AA cells and 1/4" jacks are fine by me. .... :thumbup: Either quality HP's w/¼" jack, or comfortable, great-audio wireless.

jmaclen,: .. Monte, I'm really sorry to hear about your recent loss of so many detectors due to theft. How many times has this happened to you in your career?
March of '65 until Aug.. '96 ... Never.

Aug. '96 my wife & I moved into the apartment for a mini-storage we just took over managing and I was tired. Outside the sliding glass doors to the patio was a tall wall and gate to the driveway. I had unpacked the moving truck and we had a lot of stuff in the apartment to still unpack, but the next day was going to be nice weather, a day off, and I was going detecting. I brought my two detectors in that evening because batteries were getting low in one and I wanted to do a coil-change on the other. Our first night at the apartment and the next morning I found I had been broken into and they took my detecting gear-belt with finds-bag, digger, my favorite rounded-off screwdriver., and a container I had been emptying my daily finds in.

On to Sept. '02 no problems, but that evening (different city, different employer, but another self-storage facility) I was upstairs on the computer and didn't hear them break in. One Tesoro I just got that day and a modified White's IDX Pro I bought the day before, all my detecting gear bag, headphones, recovery tools, hand-held radios, and a box of found gold and silver jewelry and about 20-22 US Silver Dollars I was planning to take to sell the next day. I don't know how they broke into that vehicle so quietly. I was only away from it for maybe 15 minutes, and I'm sure it took 60 seconds or less simply stuffing the extra things in a detector bag.

Then the biggie! I was loaded up and ready to head to a Central Oregon town to do a 2-Day metal detecting seminar. I had all my detectors loaded in my Tahoe except the four duplicated that were at my oldest son's place so he could make a detector tote. I had my detectors, all my hunting gear, suitcase, and most of my things except my Seminar Tote to go in last. My sister was staying at my place at the time and she got a call that our Mother had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital in Portland Oregon. I'm just 20 miles from Idaho. My sister quickly grabbed some clothes and we headed out for a hurried drive.

I parked on the lower-level at the hospital, facing the offices and entry door, handicap parking spot, security camera maybe 20' to my left in a security-patrolled parking garage. I was asked to spend the night in my Mom's room, and in the morning I headed down to get my meds and take my insulin. I got to the elevator and had a call from security saying my vehicle had been broken into. They left the Ice Chest with my water, soda and insulin, but took everything else. three sets of new headphones, a new Nokta Impact, my FORS CoRe, two FORS Relic, s Bandido II µMAX, Racer 2, detector bags with all of my accessory coils and extra rods, suitcase, and just about anything else they could grab and toss into a van they pulled up beside it .... and blocking the security camera.

Big city .. Big crime. I live in a much smaller town and still keep detectors in my vehicle 24-7 unless it is snow-covered and too clod to go detecting But my GMC is in my driveway, under the car port, my entire yard is fenced and gated, and I keep things well lighted at might. Miss Rikki has keen hearing and other than those three times in 55 years I haven't had a problem Two times my vehicle was unattended, an the first was also because we unloaded stuff in the garage and didn't have room to pull in. The 2nd time I was only away from the vehicle to take care of some computer stuff and was going to go somewhere so I didn't park inside the gate and in a garage. The last was an unexpected medical emergency and I parked in the most safe-looking spot at the hospital.

Monte

I think the Kruzer and Impact coils are functionally the same with same connector but have different length cables since the cable runs inside the shaft on the Impact and outside on the. Kruzer/Anfibio.

I'm trying to figure out if I can do something with the extra cable to make it workable, like wrapping the excess around the shaft. I never saw an Impact up close to check how the cable enters the shaft at the coil end.

Not sure that the Simplex is compatible with the Kruzer/Impact coils even if they use that same waterproof connector. I think it is a different design for the Simplex.

Not sure if the coil connection will be same .. but you can bypass the coil ,by making a hole in the top part of the Impact top shaft and feeding the coil cable in there.

Please note that this coil is original Impact coil.

Attachments

• 15884022589961245851400.jpg
    15884022589961245851400.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • 1588402337254760552422.jpg
    1588402337254760552422.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 160
Managed to score an Impact 7" and sold off my Kruzer with the Kruzer 7". The coil connectors are the same and Impact and Kruzer coils are electrically interchangeable, for the record.

Thanks for all comments above!

That kruzer has proven to be a real performer. Thanks. I’m looking to trade that 7” concentric for a small DD 🙂

That is good to know...I've been wanting to get a larger coil for my Impact. Now I know I can put a Mulit-Kruzer coil on it.
HH
Mike