Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer in the salt water today!

Took my new Kruzer out for a spin in the Chesapeake Bay today. Four hours, waist deep, in the wash and damp sand. Beach mode ran smooth in all with gain up to 77. 3 tone ran fairly smooth also with an occasional false, but was easy to tell. No gold today but a assortment of targets and clad coins. All and all I am pleased. I neglected to say I ran in 19 kHz. Four hours and one bar gone on battery meter. Head phones no problem either. Still am confused about the disc. 15 vs higher for more depth. The deepest target I dug was 12" on quarters. Nickels dimes and pennies came in around 8".

how deep would you say most of your targets were?

I would say most were 8" and my friend with his Excalibur ll experienced the same thing. The quarters were around 10-12 at most. This is just where the targets had settled. They were all solid hits. I might add we were unable to work in the water much due to terrible wave action from a nor easter we just had.

Carolina

did it false when you were in wet sand or water?

No it ran smooth in beach factory gain 70. I was able to raise the gain to 77 before the slightest false which was evident. I ran three tone at 75 gain in damp with slight false. 4 tone to much false. Beach faints you could toggle to deep to get a solid TID then back to beach. All and all I was surprised. It isn't a CTX but for the money you can't beat it.

Carolina

I would like to add to or change some of my comments to reflect further testing in salt water and damp sand. I have since gone and buried targets to better see the Kruzers capability in damp sand and salt water. In damp sand beach mode 75 gain 00 disc. Iron off and T Break at 16, 8" is pushing it for clad coins 1, 5, & 10 cents. This is tone response only no ID and scratchy and weak as well. The quarter 10" at best same results, scratchy and weak no ID. At times I could toggle to deep and get the TID.

Working in two foot deep water, I laid the same coins on top of the sandy bottom and raised the coil ( always under water ) untill no longer could receive a signal. For all coins 6" seemed to be the max and receive a scratchy tone response no ID. I did notice today you could run the gain maxed out at 99 in two foot deep or more water without falsing as long as you worked the coil slow (3' per second or there a bouts ).

After today I am not so happy with the depth of the Kruzer but shall return and try different settings.

Good luck to you all
Carolina

Cal_Cobra said:
Chesapeake Bay eh? You guy must dig some amazing history out there :thumbup:

HH,
Brian

Hi Brian: Yes there are many different treasures to be found in the Bay, but many are just to deep to be found. Storms do come along several times a year that stir things up a bit and then it's anybody's guess on what might be found.

Best of luck to you
Thomas

Can't wait to try this machine in the salt. If the reports on that impact as an edge machine are true it should be pretty good. A chain machine if I ever heard / bench tested one--especially at 19 kHz. Great info thanks
cjc

cjc said:
Can't wait to try this machine in the salt. If the reports on that impact as an edge machine are true it should be pretty good. A chain machine if I ever heard / bench tested one--especially at 19 kHz. Great info thanks
cjc

cjc: Beach mode will not hit chains. 19kHz in Deep will, but will not work in salt. I am a little confused how or why so many different software versions were shipped in first batch.
My machine ( which will not GB in 3 Tone ) is major version 01 minor version 00 that switches to 01. I have seen other post of major version 1.0 and major version 1.1. I assume my machine is the first or oldest version. Why would Makro send out three versions in the first batch and what are the differences?

My first assessments were based on scoops out of hole for depth. I believe now after burying targets they are incorrect. Although the multi Kruzer may prove to be a excellent dirt machine, I would say in salt water, not so much, unless the latter version has strengthened the beach mode.

Look forward to your reports

Carolina

I read somewhere quite a while ago that 18khz was nearly the same signal as saltwater gives off. So gold would be difficult to snag out of saltwater with the at gold and the Kruzer running on 19khz. Maybe an update will make it run all three freqs

Nokta Detectors said:
CLARIFICATION - ONLY ONE VERSION HAS BEEN SHIPPED IN PRODUCTION.
ONLY THE TESTERS HAVE AN OLDER VERSION!

Why do we see different versions on the screen if different versions have not been shipped? Is this an error also?

Carolina