Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer scores Barber Half....:super:

My single frequency (14KHz) Makro Kruzer scored this 1908 (New Orleans mint) Barber Half for me this morning at our city park. Only 4 inches deep...running in 3-tone...89 sensitivity. I was using the 7" concentric coil. Put a big smile on my face!

BTW...sorry about the pic quality...I'm still learning.

Charles :usaf: :usaflag:

Looks beautiful to me.........

Kruzer strikes again

Congratulations. I've had a long dry spell on Barbers, with maybe 3 Franklin's and 10-12 Walking Liberty since my last one. Yours looks pretty decent.

Monte

Very nice condition. Congrats !

Congrats on the Barber half, nothing as exciting as pulling some big silver outta the ground :)

Very nice coin in good condition!
Why do you think it was still there? Was there some masking trash nearby?Would you guess it has been there all those decades, or was some kid playing with grandads collection?
Either way, a fantastic find. Congratulations!

It was masked. As a matter of fact the signal I received at first ID'd as a "72-74"...indicating that it was at least brass. The target actually was a brass cuff-link at 2". Once I removed the cuff-link I rechecked the hole and received a solid "92" ID and the coin came out of the hole at about 4". The ground was a clay mixture which stuck to the Barber half when I dug it up. All I saw of it at first was the large reeded edge of the coin. That was an exciting sight!

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
It was masked. As a matter of fact the signal I received at first ID'd as a "72-74"...indicating that it was at least brass. The target actually was a brass cuff-link at 2". Once I removed the cuff-link I rechecked the hole and received a solid "92" ID and the coin came out of the hole at about 4". The ground was a clay mixture which stuck to the Barber half when I dug it up. All I saw of it at first was the large reeded edge of the coin. That was an exciting sight!

Don't you just love when that happens. have you hunted that same area with other detectors?

Yes sir...used my Deus just the other day over there. Found a few relics...nothing of value. But I've hunted this area many many times in the past...by many other brands of metal detectors. I found my 3rd ever Silver Dollar there with a Fisher 1266X I think...don't remember for sure. That was about 20 years ago. I've only found 4 Silver Dollars in the past 44 years...2 of them "Peace" type and 2 of them "Morgans".

Charles (Sabre)(Tx) said:
Yes sir...used my Deus just the other day over there. Found a few relics...nothing of value. But I've hunted this area many many times in the past...by many other brands of metal detectors. I found my 3rd ever Silver Dollar there with a Fisher 1266X I think...don't remember for sure. That was about 20 years ago. I've only found 4 Silver Dollars in the past 44 years...2 of them "Peace" type and 2 of them "Morgans".

Thanks for the reply Charles. great Info.

Nice!
HH
Jason