Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer vs Anfibio

Coinboy007

Hi guys. I’ve been using a simplex for a while and liked it, but for some reason I just don’t ‘click’ with the machine. It might be the limited amount of tones or limited depth, but I feel like I should upgrade. I’ve narrowed down my options to a Kruzer or an Anfibio, because I recently got into water hunting. Money is a big issue for me as I’m 13 years old and I only get allowance money, so I would buy the machine used. My question is, are the extra features and depth on the anfibio worth the extra money over the kruzer? I am mostly hunting parks, schools, and old houses and homesites, but also some lakes and creeks. Thanks in advance for the advice!

-Coinboy

If your budget allows and between the two machines that you mention, I would go with the Anfibio. Not because of performance etc etc. You will get great performance from either machine. I don't know how big of a kid you are at 13 years of age but the Anfibio will balance much better over the Kruzer, especially when you use the mid & stock size coils. I actually bought a new Kruzer last year. Used it a couple of days, stuffed it back in the box, and sold it on eBay. It was a nose-heavy disaster.

If you can get by with a non-waterproof machine and your budget is pretty tight, you might look at the Racer 2. I'm guessing you could pick one up pretty reasonable nowadays. It has plenty of nice features and with a stock, mid & small coil you are well covered for a lot of different types of detecting environments. I have found a lot of nice old coins, tokens etc with my Racer 2. Today my primary machines are the Nokta Fors Core & Racer 2.

Anyhow, that's just my 2 cents worth. I'm sure you will get a lot of different opinions to read over in the next few days.

I find my kruzer to be extremely well built. It’s just a tad on the nose heavy side but it’s really not noticeable to me. Using smaller coils it’s very comfortable. The anfibio is outright heavier. It does balance a bit better. Honestly though, the price difference isn’t justifiable IMO. You might consider what it is about the simplex that you don’t click with.... the 4 and 5 tone modes on anfibio and kruzer can be super frustrating in trash and on deep targets not to mention crazy emi issues. They are very chatty machines, don’t let anyone lie to you. I’ve said that I prefer the t2 or f75 for deeper targets and I truly do even if the machine is “deeper” it has to make you want to dig it. These machines are tough on deep, truly deep targets. A civil war bullet sounds so sweet on any FT machine, on a NM you have to fiddle with tone breaks and such and then still get a half broke signal with crap ID on anything over 7-8”. And I don’t have hot dirt. I keep the kruzer on duty for dense iron work using 3 tone 89 gain. It’s amazing at this type of hunting. I’ve made some of my best ever finds with the kruzer in dense iron. My best deep targets come from the T2. The ID system is pretty poor on kruzer and simplex. You might get a repeatable 57 and then get a 21 when it’s out of the hole. They really can’t make up their mind over 6-7”. 12” bullet on kruzer equals fuzzy tone in deep mode mixed iron grunt no ID. G2 with 13” coil gives good ID mid to upper 70s. T2 as well. After 100s of hours on the kruzer I can’t make it work for me on deep coin hunting. I’m not the only one, trust me, most just ain’t talking. Lots of time here with the kruzer and buddy who’s got decades experience and we fight with them trying to calm them down and keep up performance. Did you pass on that T2SE?

I would have to 2nd much of what Iowarelic wrote.
I cant comment on the Kruzer but can say I’m into my second year with the Anfibio, it works good, has found some deep targets, I love the Waterproof and am still learning how to set it up while managing To keep it quiet when I need deep... or so I can at least separate deep targets from the background chatter. In this case I’d have To agree, the F75 is easier for me to use; much more often either the target is there or it’s not and it’s either dig me or don’t... or “dig me, but know this will be iffy”, haha.
on another note, a good friend of mine has done quite well with the simplex this year. I am truly impressed with the depth he’s getting (I can’t say the Anfibio would be any deeper) And the number of good finds he has made with it in areas that have been well hit in the past.
good luck.

I think I’ll probably go for either a T2 or an F75. They seem right for the kind of hunting I do and for the water I’ll get an 8 inch coil for my pulsedive. Thanks for the input everyone!

I liked the Anfibio Multi better than the Multi-Kruzer. More features and setting adjustments. Found I liked both better with the 7" concentric coil.
The Simplex with the 8.5 or 9.5x5" DD coils make the Simplex a much better handling detector. If your looking for depth the 8.5" is the way to go.
You may click with the Simplex with one of those coils.

IowaRelic when you say FT machine do you mean Fisher Teknetics? I do some relic detecting here in N. AL and interested in some good relic detectors.

HalinAL

IowaRelic when you say FT machine do you mean Fisher Teknetics? I do some relic detecting here in N. AL and interested in some good relic detectors.

HalinAL
Yeah, FT is First Texas. Owners of Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter. They are fantastic relic machines. Good luck up there. I’ve heard it’s pretty good!

"Coinboy007": Hi guys. I’ve been using a simplex for a while and liked it, but for some reason I just don’t ‘click’ with the machine. It might be the limited amount of tones or limited depth, but I feel like I should upgrade. I’ve narrowed down my options to a Kruzer or an Anfibio, because I recently got into water hunting. Money is a big issue for me as I’m 13 years old and I only get allowance money, so I would buy the machine used. My question is, are the extra features and depth on the anfibio worth the extra money over the kruzer? I am mostly hunting parks, schools, and old houses and homesites, but also some lakes and creeks. Thanks in advance for the advice!

-Coinboy

First, congratulations on getting into this great sport at a younger age ... and working/saving to buy your own equipment. I got started when I was 15, but way back then it was a new hobby interest. I started out building mine from a kit my older brother bought but couldn't get it to work.

As for the two models you are considering, you stated you selected them because you recently got into water hunting, thus looking for an 'upgrade' that is waterproof. Of the two they both work well. I have owned both, and have had an Anfibio three times, but I just sold it this week. I don't swim, and I don't live close to a coastal, sand-covered coastal beach. Plus my mobility issues and use of a cane don't get along well on soft sand. But I do Beach Hunt freshwater areas with a firmer ground make-up, and for that I have a Simplex +. Two, as a matter-of-fact. I generally use a smaller-size to mid-size coil so I don't notice a nose-heavy feel as much as some using a standard or larger-size coil. However ... I found the Multi-Kruzer to be nose-heavy for me with the 7" Concentric coil. The Anfibio Multi, with the standard round 11" DD or the 7" Concentric balanced and felt much more comfortable, for me.

I have other makes and models in my Detector group that work for me specifically in very dense iron contaminated sites, or for hitting tot-lots, or for day-to-day urban Coin Hunting needs. I've been using the Simplex + since mid-November last year and have found it to be a very impressive performer. Both of mine have the 2.77 update which I really like, and one has the 11" DD coil mounted for Beach Hunting or working a wide-open / sparse-target site, an my min-use Simplex t+ that rides on the back seat keeps the 5X9½ DD mounted.

You also mentioned that you like to hunt "old houses and homesites" and since I've been driving for over 55 years and you're not quite there yet, I like to work ghost towns, homesteads, and other old-sites that can have a lot of iron debris, building rubble and other trash to del with. To better handle really dense-trash places a smaller-size coil is a must-have, in my opinion, so I always consider any coil in the 4½" to 6½" diameter. For that I have had my trustworthy and dedicated Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic models since early January of 2015 and 2016. They keep their smallest-size coil mounted and I have yet to find a detector that can match or out-perform them. Prior to the FORS CoRe I relied on White's MXT Pro w/6½" Concentric coil and a T2 Classic w/5" DD coil. All of these are very good detectors today. Of the FT products I like the Teknetics T2+ better than the Fisher F75 models, but like any detector pick it gets to be a personal thing.

You did state you are looking for a good-condition used detector in order to afford it, but we don't know what kind of a price range you are shopping in. At 13, and I have grandkids at or close to that age, they come in a variety of sizes from 5' 10" 14 year old to a shorter-size 12 year old. Not sure where you live, but we are getting into the latter part of the year and for some detecting weather might limit their hunt-time, plus the days are getting shorter. I know the Simplex + is a very impressive detector, and since most coins, in most places, are not really all that deep, I have found the Simplex + to get very practical depth-of-detection. I would suggest you devote as much time as you can to using your Simplex + now while the detecting time and opportunities are here. Hunt hard and save up. Plan ahead and keep a watch so that by late winter and the approach of spring, you'll have more $$$ for shopping, and just might come across some really good deals ... and be ready for it.

By then you might get to like the Simplex + more than you do now, and perhaps be able to shop for a more land-based detector and hang onto the Simplex + for water hunting.

"HalinAL": IowaRelic when you say FT machine do you mean Fisher Teknetics? I do some relic detecting here in N. AL and interested in some good relic detectors.

HalinAL

Of the First Texas Product, I have preferred the T2 series since its introduction in 2006. My personal favorite is the T2+ and I favor the 5" DD coil for the trashier, iron plagued sites when Relic Hunting. I parted with my last T2, the T2+, earlier this year when I just didn't need it because I have two dedicated Relic Hunting models with smaller-size coils that both out-perform the T2 or F75. Those are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic. Other TID model that have worked well for me over the past 15 years or so are the White's MXT Pro and MX-7, either with their 6½" Concentric coil, and Nokta / Makro Racer 2 and Impact with their 5" DD coil. They also have a mid-size 7" Concentric that I like in modestly littered places.

If you don't mind a good non-display detector, my two picks would be the Tesoro Bandido II µMAX (pronounced microMAX) w/6" Concentric or the DeepTech Vista X w/5¾" DD. Just some thoughts on what I use or have enjoyed using with success.

Monte

"Coinboy007": Hi guys. I’ve been using a simplex for a while and liked it, but for some reason I just don’t ‘click’ with the machine. It might be the limited amount of tones or limited depth, but I feel like I should upgrade. I’ve narrowed down my options to a Kruzer or an Anfibio, because I recently got into water hunting. Money is a big issue for me as I’m 13 years old and I only get allowance money, so I would buy the machine used. My question is, are the extra features and depth on the anfibio worth the extra money over the kruzer? I am mostly hunting parks, schools, and old houses and homesites, but also some lakes and creeks. Thanks in advance for the advice!

-Coinboy

First, congratulations on getting into this great sport at a younger age ... and working/saving to buy your own equipment. I got started when I was 15, but way back then it was a new hobby interest. I started out building mine from a kit my older brother bought but couldn't get it to work.

As for the two models you are considering, you stated you selected them because you recently got into water hunting, thus looking for an 'upgrade' that is waterproof. Of the two they both work well. I have owned both, and have had an Anfibio three times, but I just sold it this week. I don't swim, and I don't live close to a coastal, sand-covered coastal beach. Plus my mobility issues and use of a cane don't get along well on soft sand. But I do Beach Hunt freshwater areas with a firmer ground make-up, and for that I have a Simplex +. Two, as a matter-of-fact. I generally use a smaller-size to mid-size coil so I don't notice a nose-heavy feel as much as some using a standard or larger-size coil. However ... I found the Multi-Kruzer to be nose-heavy for me with the 7" Concentric coil. The Anfibio Multi, with the standard round 11" DD or the 7" Concentric balanced and felt much more comfortable, for me.

I have other makes and models in my Detector group that work for me specifically in very dense iron contaminated sites, or for hitting tot-lots, or for day-to-day urban Coin Hunting needs. I've been using the Simplex + since mid-November last year and have found it to be a very impressive performer. Both of mine have the 2.77 update which I really like, and one has the 11" DD coil mounted for Beach Hunting or working a wide-open / sparse-target site, an my min-use Simplex t+ that rides on the back seat keeps the 5X9½ DD mounted.

You also mentioned that you like to hunt "old houses and homesites" and since I've been driving for over 55 years and you're not quite there yet, I like to work ghost towns, homesteads, and other old-sites that can have a lot of iron debris, building rubble and other trash to del with. To better handle really dense-trash places a smaller-size coil is a must-have, in my opinion, so I always consider any coil in the 4½" to 6½" diameter. For that I have had my trustworthy and dedicated Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic models since early January of 2015 and 2016. They keep their smallest-size coil mounted and I have yet to find a detector that can match or out-perform them. Prior to the FORS CoRe I relied on White's MXT Pro w/6½" Concentric coil and a T2 Classic w/5" DD coil. All of these are very good detectors today. Of the FT products I like the Teknetics T2+ better than the Fisher F75 models, but like any detector pick it gets to be a personal thing.

You did state you are looking for a good-condition used detector in order to afford it, but we don't know what kind of a price range you are shopping in. At 13, and I have grandkids at or close to that age, they come in a variety of sizes from 5' 10" 14 year old to a shorter-size 12 year old. Not sure where you live, but we are getting into the latter part of the year and for some detecting weather might limit their hunt-time, plus the days are getting shorter. I know the Simplex + is a very impressive detector, and since most coins, in most places, are not really all that deep, I have found the Simplex + to get very practical depth-of-detection. I would suggest you devote as much time as you can to using your Simplex + now while the detecting time and opportunities are here. Hunt hard and save up. Plan ahead and keep a watch so that by late winter and the approach of spring, you'll have more $$$ for shopping, and just might come across some really good deals ... and be ready for it.

By then you might get to like the Simplex + more than you do now, and perhaps be able to shop for a more land-based detector and hang onto the Simplex + for water hunting.

"HalinAL": IowaRelic when you say FT machine do you mean Fisher Teknetics? I do some relic detecting here in N. AL and interested in some good relic detectors.

HalinAL

Of the First Texas Product, I have preferred the T2 series since its introduction in 2006. My personal favorite is the T2+ and I favor the 5" DD coil for the trashier, iron plagued sites when Relic Hunting. I parted with my last T2, the T2+, earlier this year when I just didn't need it because I have two dedicated Relic Hunting models with smaller-size coils that both out-perform the T2 or F75. Those are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic. Other TID model that have worked well for me over the past 15 years or so are the White's MXT Pro and MX-7, either with their 6½" Concentric coil, and Nokta / Makro Racer 2 and Impact with their 5" DD coil. They also have a mid-size 7" Concentric that I like in modestly littered places.

If you don't mind a good non-display detector, my two picks would be the Tesoro Bandido II µMAX (pronounced microMAX) w/6" Concentric or the DeepTech Vista X w/5¾" DD. Just some thoughts on what I use or have enjoyed using with success.

Monte
Thanks Monte great to hear you chime in! I will look into the detectors you listed, especially the Fors core and relic, racer 2, and T2.