Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kruzer was stolen, got Simplex, now thinking about Anfibio

galwayboy

About 10 months ago, my backpack with my M Kruzer and shovel were stolen. I didn't have much money to spend on a new one, but I did still have my Nokta blue headphones. The Simplex was just coming out and Nokta had updated it to accept blue HPs, so it was the cheapest way for me to get back in and keep the performance I was used to

So far the Simplex has been a good machine and I like its round coil. While the Kruzer didn't seem to like nickels (wouldn't even read surface ones sometimes), the Simplex is a nickle machine. The VDIs are supposed to be around 24, most of mine are around 20-21. In seven months with the Simplex I've found a 1930's German art nouveau white 14k gold ring w/diamonds, over 20 silver rings/things, almost a dozen silver coins and as of today $115.75. As I said before, It's been good and already more than paid for itself, but I miss some of the features I had with the Kruzer.

My huntin' buddy bought an Anfibio after he had seen the features/performance of my Kruzer, and before I bought the Simplex, I used his many times. His Anfibio picked out nickles with ease and I was able to pull a couple of keepers with it. I mostly miss 3 freqs, the shaft stability (I'm tall), a better notch value (1 vs blocks of 5) and the model has green HPs. I recently bought the PulseDive because my trusty Nokta pinpointer and my Simplex just didn't play with each other at all. With the PD it can still be annoying but much better and the green HPs should help too.

Noktka has a promo going on with a choice of two different coils included. I'm leaning towards the 7" concentric since the stock coil is oblong. What do y'all think? Which would you choose and why? I hunt in the city mostly and have got in the water a few times too.

I'm posting a pic of my August silver finds in Finds section soon. Thanks for reading

First, I'm sorry to hear you had your Multi-Kruzer stolen. Just a couple of years ago, my Tahoe was broken into and they stole my new or virtually new Impact, CoRe, Relic (2), Racer 2, Bandido II µMAX, two backpack bags full of search coils, spare lower rods, corded and wireless headphones, and a lot of other stuff. I did manage to get three of the models recovered over the next 1-1½ years, so I know how such a loss can feel.

Second, the Nokta / Makro Simplex + is a terrific detector. Perhaps the absolute best dollar-value on the market. I got my first one the day before Thanksgiving and it's been working well. I bought a 2nd Simplex + the first of June to keep them at-the-ready with different coils. My 2nd one has the wireless headphones and I keep the 5X9½ DD mounted on it. If you can get an Anfibio Multi and retain the Simplex +, I think that would be good.

Third, we get to the Anfibio. I liked the Multi-Kruzer, sort of. I like the Anfibio Multi a lot more because of the round 11" standard coil and I also prefer the physical configuration and 'comfort-factor'. I have the 11" DD mounted now, but wish I had the round 7" Concentric again. I had one and a fellow talked me into selling it to him last fall. My mistake. It's my favorite general-use coil on the Anfibio Multi.

All the best as you move on up the line to a fantastic Anfibio Multi.

Monte

PS: And I agree with how well my Simplex + and Anfibio Multi respond to our US 5¢ coins. :thumbup:

Terrible news hearing both you and Monte has been robbed!!!

I had the afibio 14. I think it is a very well made machine. Almost too well built if there was such a description. Probably the most robust detector I have ever had.

It is a very good metal detector. It gets great depth. I found several old coins on my first outing with it including a mercury dime.

It is also good for relics. I think it will suit you well for what your looking for on the extra settings and functions compared to the simplex your using now.

Good luck!!

Galway, sorry to hear about that loss. Better days ahead for you!
Tony
PS: maybe you should consider a used machine if you are on a budget - there are manny good ones out there

I've switched gears on which detector I want and have almost decided on the ML Equinox 600. I've never had a simultaneous multi freq detector or even hunted with one. I'm keeping the Simplex because I really like Nokta's products and performance, but it'll be nice having two different types of of detectors to hunt with.. I think that the Simplex/Anfibio are just to similar, with the later having more whistles n bells.

I've switched gears on which detector I want and have almost decided on the ML Equinox 600. I've never had a simultaneous multi freq detector or even hunted with one. I'm keeping the Simplex because I really like Nokta's products and performance, but it'll be nice having two different types of of detectors to hunt with.. I think that the Simplex/Anfibio are just to similar, with the later having more whistles n bells.
As for the Simplex + / Anfibio consideration, they do have somewhat similar detection behavior due to their circuitry design, but there is still a good difference in the long-run with the Anfibio. With the selectable three frequencies and more search modes and adjustment functions, you can easily note the performance differences based on the application at hand.

As for a Simultaneous Multi-Frequency detector, there are pros and cons to all of them. I had an Equinox 800 and it was OK, especially with the 6" DD to help in trashier sites. But the SMF performance wasn't all that different from what I get from my Minelab Vanquish 540 when I compared them using their Multi-IQ feature. The V-540 is simple and straightforward and only functions in Multi-IQ. You can't select a single frequency and it lacks a lot of excessive adjustments. And the Pro Pack comes with two coils. A standard 9X12 DD and a very useful 5X8 DD that I keep mounted on mine full-time.

My Simplex + and Vanquish 540 make a very good 'team' and ride on my back seat full-time. Just something to consider that keeps things affordabl and wuld give you the SMF capability.

Monte

Best of luck - enjoy the hobby

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves are some of the worst. Some credit cards and insurance may offer theft coverage if out of town or depending on from where the items were stolen.

Regarding detectors, I have a MMK that I would sell for 385 shipped given the circumstances. Either with the stock coil or round 11" AF28 coil. Comes with green HP that would work with your Pulse Dive PP.
Also have an Equinox 800 with large 15x12 coil that I would sell for 650 shipped. The unit does not have warranty coverage and no wireless audio due to an issue with the button for bluetooth. Otherwise excellent shape and impressive performance as it should be.
Oh, and also have a V-540 in new condition that I'd let go.

Not meaning to hijack with an ad, and no hurry to sell these vs. keeping them. But like others have said, there may good deals on used equipment out there.

I did the exact same thing, because I ended up wanting 2 completely different tools.

I own and love the Nokta Impact. I ordered the Simplex and it was fantastic too.
The Simplex was so similar to one mode on the Impact that I sold the Simplex and am now waiting for an Equinox 600 to arrive.