Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Kudo's to White's! Customer Service above and beyond!

AvisF16

Unfortunately, I still don't have my computer unpacked from my move from Arizona to Maryland, otherwise I'd upload some pictures from my IPhone. So, let me summarize things sans photos as another story to White's exemplary customer service.

So, there I was...metal detecting for 4 hours in my in-law's pasture with my upgraded Vision (V3i). I found another corroded King James half-penny and a brass doorknob that is similar to the ones currently in the house (built 1763). I head back to the my car, load it up, and head to MacDonald's for a snack.
Bump goes the car, and "&%$#&!" comes out my mouth. This is when I realized I forgot to put my V3i in the car and just ran over it with the front tire. I get out and look in the bag but don't see any damage (it's civil twilight), so I put it in the car.

Next week, I pull it out to prepare for another round of detecting and the "Oh, Sugar" comes out of my mouth. It turns out I ran over the box, bent the handle, squished the arm rest, and the screen is tilted 20 degrees to the right from the vertical. The box is now twisted (think parallelogram), and open to the elements by 1/4" on the front and back sides It's easy to see where the tire actually went over it. I have trouble with the battery door, but finally get it open. It takes several whacks to get the battery out of it and I notice the circuit board inside has a slight bow to it. I figure I'm SOL at this point, but I wiggle a new battery in and turn it on. It works and passes the coil overload test! So I take it out and detect for another 4 hours without a problem.

I decided to send it in to White's because I'm worried about the open exposure that would allow dirt or moisture to get inside the box and the pressure being exerted on the circuit card. I write a semi-humorous letter about my long day detecting and how the idiot in the parking lot drove over my detector, finishing up my letter with a confession that I'm that idiot.

I called White's two weeks after I sent it in to check the status of it. I talked to the lovely service lady who said they repaired it as a warranty repair. I said, "Wow, Thank you very much, that certainly wasn't expected from my stupidity." and then asked, "BTW, did you put the new V3i sticker on the replacement box or did you happen to put on the old Vision stickers?" (I'm actually partial to the Vision sticker). White's did replace the box with new Vision stickers and added the V3i upgrade sticker on the bottom.

Here's a summary of what they did from their service website:

Replaced cover and handle
replaced case connector,phone jack,programmed
calibrated
tested
SHIPPED 11/29/12

Thank you, White's!

[size=x-large]NO ONE ELSE[/size] have I ever seen do this. Whites [size=x-large]NO.1[/size]

[attachment 251608 Albert.jpg]

Glad to hear they treated you right.

There are a couple of us board members from Southern Maryland, and while our club just disbanded 2 months ago (shame, 30 people on the roster but none ever showed for the meetings) we would be happy to have you come hunt with us.

And coincidentally, a good percentage of us are V3i owners.

I am holding on to my money waiting to buy their next flag ship model.... Its stories like these that keep my purchasing power with them.... Not to mention the fantastic detectors.

I had a 6x9 Eclipse coil go bad, called whites and in less than a week I have a brand new replacement. Excellent customer service, they are dedicated to building outstanding detectors and back them with the same dedication. I have and will continue to advise anyone looking for a detector to try a Whites.

They make it very hard for me to even think about buying another brand detector. The service is always incredibly outstanding. My finds have been so good I couldn't imagine doing better with anything else. Anyone who tells you a Whites brand detector is inferior just doesn't know what they are talking about!