Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lack of volume

Dug Silvers

my threshold, and in turn my signal sounds are extremely low, with volume turned up considerably. I have to put my ear up against the box to hear anything. I've had this etrac 3 years, never had this happen. Any suggestions?

Hey Dug... sorry that nobody has a suggested fix for you. I have 2 newer E-Tracs and haven't experienced anything like what you're experiencing... have you tried a Master Reset on it to see if that fixes the problem?

Had the same problem recently ..the problem was the socket where you plug your headphones into.Very easy fix ..I just took the socket out bent the three arms so that all three touch their respective positions when the headphone is not plugged in ...so make sure when no headphone is in that all three arms on the socket touches ...not sure if I'm explaining it right but that's how I fixed mine...hope it helps ...cheers

J.D said:
Had the same problem recently ..the problem was the socket where you plug your headphones into.Very easy fix ..I just took the socket out bent the three arms so that all three touch their respective positions when the headphone is not plugged in ...so make sure when no headphone is in that all three arms on the socket touches ...not sure if I'm explaining it right but that's how I fixed mine...hope it helps ...cheers

That's a real possibility... could be the coiled cable of the UR30s too, if he's using those. God knows I've had to fix mine more than once, I bought them unused from the original purchaser... they came with his E-Trac... so I didn't even try to send them back to Koss for (free)repair because of that. I use SunRay Pro Golds now. From my experience, the Headphones come under suspicion first.

It reads like the OP is NOT using headphones....being as he said his ear was up to "the box".....seems like a reset or repair is in order.

I had a problem with the volume being low with a Minelab Explorer XS. It had a bit too much solder on a connection coming off the speaker. The excess solder was grounding out when it touched something. It was soldered up correctly and now the volume is strong again. Best of luck...John

My etrac came with grey ghost head phones and I love them. The stock headphones worked ok, and I carry for a back up. Will gift them to a fellow hunter as I now have two pair of grey ghost. I rarely hunt without headphones, I dont like broadcasting my targets lol. I would say use head phones. You are missing targets if you are not.