Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

lake hunt with vaquero

kansa54

Took my vaquero to the lake a couple days ago and found a few things the other detectors missed. They have pretty much cleaned off the beaches but if you turn the disc way down and dig all signals you can still find the small stuff. The white gold band is 10k and there were a couple of silver earrings and the rest is junk jewelry. The gold colored ring next to the wedding band had me fooled. Sure thought it was gold but it didn't pass the 10k acid test.
The other pic shows my gold finds I've made with my tesoros this year. The 10k was the one I needed to complete my grand slam.
Don't think I'll be jumping ship any time soon.

hatpin said:
You and that Vaquero work well together .
Actually, I've probably found more coins and jewelry with my Silver Sabre µMax this year than I have with the vaquero. The Silver Sabre µMax is deadly on clad and jewelry. Plus , I like the turn on and go when hunting clad. But don't get me wrong, I really like the vaquero, just for different things.

my Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX to several others Tesoro's, including the Vaquero [size=small](had four of them)[/size] and Cibola [size=small](never really cared to own one although I have used them)[/size].

kansa54 said:
Actually, I've probably found more coins and jewelry with my Silver Sabre µMax this year than I have with the vaquero. The Silver Sabre µMax is deadly on clad and jewelry. Plus , I like the turn on and go when hunting clad.
I currently own a number of detectors, four brands, and have owned a countless number of detectors since I got started in the hobby, with many brands long since gone from the scene.. In the latter 60's and throughout the '70s and until mid-'83, there were so many coins to be found in all the popular search sites that those who were very active in the metal detecting sport have a difficult time getting newcomers to believe the success we had.

It was still pretty good for several years to come since, but certainly much lower numbers the past twenty years than we used to enjoy. However, since mid-'83 when Tesoro brought out the Inca, I have been a very loyal fan of several favorite Tesoro models, and since then, which has been 32+ years now, I have to credit Tesoro models for helping me recover the biggest quantity of coins and the most silver and gold jewelry than any other make. And certainly one of those favorite Tesoro models I have relied on, and trust today as well, is the Silver Sabre [size=small]micro[/size]MAX.

kansa54 said:
But don't get me wrong, I really like the vaquero, just for different things.
The Vaquero is an OK detector and certainly liked by many. For me, however, I have relied on the Bandido II µMAX, and even the former Bandido II, for more Tesoro work when I needed the manual Ground Balance or preference to search in an All Metal mode. There is nothing wrong with quite a few of the better quality models from some competitors out there, but there's also the known and appreciated proven performance that good Tesoro models offer that shouldn't be ignored by folks looking for affordable equipment that can produce results.

Best of success in the coming year, and I hope you can hit the jackpot again on the 10/14/18/24 K gold jewelry finds. :thumbup:

Monte