Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Land Ranger Pro demo

detectingMO

thew togther a demo of the LRP
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCoNd_DyYK0[/video]

Great video! Thanks for taking the time to show how it is set up. The glare didn't bother me. The versatility has me sold.

[video]Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro school yard hunt: http://youtu.be/8NTy_fHQniM[/video]

Little hunt today. Jumpy on nickels. Not sure why. Will have to keep testing.

detectingMO said:
[video]Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro school yard hunt: http://youtu.be/8NTy_fHQniM[/video]

Little hunt today. Jumpy on nickels. Not sure why. Will have to keep testing.

guess forum doesnt like youtu.be

try this

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8NTy_fHQniM

Thanks for the videos, very informative. I hope there's something amiss with your machine and that this isn't typical, those jumpy ID's are not impressive. Although the feature set is extensive, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think the performance is any better, and maybe not as good, as my F5. Could this be another situation like the F19, where something is off with the early models?

Your type videos are more helpful than someone just showing their finds. Thanks for the effort and time you put in........AWESOME WORK!

I don't have the equipment or expertise to make a video of that quality.

You are helping this "old" newbie a lot!

HH y'all.

Frank

did some testing. id is fine in air so machine and coil should be fine. buried in my yard was fine to 4". then jumpy like video. only on nickels. my xterra is more jumpy on nickels right now too though. may just be wierd soil matrix right now with recent rain after drought. both machines were a little deeper before the recent rain. wish I had a etp or omega still to compare. still easily the best bh ever made IMO.

I didn't see enough to make me want it over my F5 as well. In the school yard hunt video, I watched as coins registered 5-6 ", even the running depth bar maxed out, and the coin was maybe 2", 3" tops" down. Of course most detectors aren't super accurate on depth. The one where the coin was on the surface would have put my F5 into overload alarm, yet the LRP said 3 bars down.

This has nothing to do with the great video detectingMO did. He did an awesome job of explaining all the features. And the LRP is as good a machine as any newer model from FTP. Take the time to learn it's strengths and weaknesses and this machine is just another power house in the 6"-8" range.

Hightone said:
I didn't see enough to make me want it over my F5 as well. In the school yard hunt video, I watched as coins registered 5-6 ", even the running depth bar maxed out, and the coin was maybe 2", 3" tops" down. Of course most detectors aren't super accurate on depth. The one where the coin was on the surface would have put my F5 into overload alarm, yet the LRP said 3 bars down.

This has nothing to do with the great video detectingMO did. He did an awesome job of explaining all the features. And the LRP is as good a machine as any newer model from FTP. Take the time to learn it's strengths and weaknesses and this machine is just another power house in the 6"-8" range.

yeah, I think some of that is because the grass was 2-4" tall. Hard to tell on video. It was soaked too. But yeah its not quite as accurate as some others. I don't pay a lot of attention to the depth reading. Probably should if not in VCO tone. The high tone on the Omega weakens with depth (F5 too I'm guessing) so I never really bothered. Of all the machines I've used the Dave J machines Omega/G2 have been by far the more accurate on ID. This one feels a bit looser on ID like an F5/F4 combo or a delta.

It did seem more sensitive to a false a max sense due to wet grass, iron, or bumping coil. this is pretty common just slightly more sensitive to it than the thicker cabled coils in the greek series machines. once I used 9 sens it didn't even false and was so quiet i was unsure it was on. it was a very sparse target area besides a few iron grunts. I followed up later with the huge 15" WOT coil on my 705 and didn't find a single target that the LRP missed.

Max in ground depth:
preset C, J, A
6 on a dime, 8 on a quarter

disc 2,3,4
7 on dime, 9 on a quarter (2" less than air test)

all metal

9 on a dime, 11 on a quarter (same as air test)

All metal is significantly deeper in ground vs disc. on air test about the same. In ground All metal will ID just about same depth as disc accurately then gets bouncy another inch and the last inch is tone only no ID.

I'll have to investigate that idea on the high tone reducing depth. I always use 4 tones on the F5. For my style of hunting (coins and jewelry up to 8") both the F2 and F5 produce to my liking. The LRP would also, from what I see in your video's. The LRP is just proof that Dave Johnson, John Gardiner and Jorge
Anton Saad have a great "process" in their designs and what's under the hood and intend on making all FTP detectors experience that process at different levels.

I've had the LRP now for 2 weeks.Will it take over as my primary?No!!But saying that ,it seems I have been grabbing it more than my main unit.I hunt in the woods and the type of ground it is ,there is nothing past the 6 or 7 inch mark.Which is easy for the LRP.Light as a feather and the price is very good.These other compnaies better get off the stick cause first texas is setting the standard.And no, I ain't brand loyal.I just see what they are doing and then the rest of the pack!!

I'm not brand loyal. The first texas machines feel and look like toys compared to whites/minelab. But they are light and good performers.

That's the difference between analog and digital. Whites Coinmaster GT and Minelabs XTerra are their digital competitors. Lighter and cheaper built as well.

FTP targets the general public who see the hobby as a hobby. Fitting budgets from $200-$1000. There are lots of them. Whites, Minelab and even Garrett, has a target that leads into the high professional treasure hunter. $2500+ machines. Not as many of them.

Ruggedness and depth can still be inexpensive. Look at Tesoro.