Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Land Ranger Pro or Quick Draw Pro??

HvacDude

Trying to decide which detector to invest in Land Ranger Pro or Quick Draw Pro?? I have read a lot of the posts and been looking at videos and info online. I know everyone has likes and dislikes of each. So I decide to come here and ask YOU!! I trust your opinions because I know some of you are using them and love them. So please help me in my decision I know this post could go on forever but I feel after a real users opinion I will be able to make a decision. Early Thanks for your opinion!!! HH

The Land Ranger Pro offers so much more than the Quick Draw Pro. I have both.

The LRP has ground balance and a 11" DD coil. It also has preset mode options, as well as an awesome all metal mode.

Right now you can buy the LRP at Kellyco for $304. And till Dec 31 there are online Kellyco coupon codes that take $50 off of that. So for $254, it's not much more than the QDP.

Thanks Hightone This helps me in my decision. I believe I'll be going with the LRP. One question how accurate is the pinpoint feature on it? I have seen different opinions on how accurate it is. But most are product reviews or the person never addressed it. Thanks again! HH

With the 11" coil, I go right and left then to and fro. The target is usually always about an inch towards the tip from dead center. I have never had any problems PPing and can dig a a hole the size of a salad plate.

When I switch the QDPs 10" concentric onto the LRP, it is always dead center on PPing.

The PP button is somewhat sensitive, in that you have to maintain a constant pressure on it with your thumb. Don't push hard. A relaxed, with minimal exertion works best for me.

I have had many detectors. The LRP is a dream to hunt with when you take the time to know it. Most negatives I heard are from people who gave it a few hunts or tried to compare it to their more expensive units. But I have taken the time to understand my LRP, and can hunt with the best of them.

It does have an issue locking onto nickels. But with time, you can ID better by holding down the MODE button, thus placing it into a temporary AM mode that seems to ID better without as much segment travel. The AM mode on the LRP is the best I have ever seen.