Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Land Ranger Pro -smaller coil

jackintexas

I have a Land Ranger Pro with the stock coil. I would like a smaller round coil (7 to 8"). I have several smaller coils from other Bounty Hunter push on coils. 2 from the Tracker 4 and 2 other smaller coils. But I only get about 4 inches on a quarter in air test and a lot less in the ground.. Are there other smaller, round coils for Land Ranger that will work good for the Land Ranger Pro. The stock stock coil gives very good depth but I prefer a smaller coil that will work well for the LRP. .

I put the Tracker 4 coil on the LRP. Did a factory reset Adjusted back to all my original settings.. Guess what, Now I am getting reasonable depth. Just thought some other folks may want to know what i did......Jack

Hi Jack, I have an LRP myself and a Fisher F11. I took the Fisher F11 stock round 7" coil and mounted it on the LRP (with a coil adapter plug) and it works like a CHAMP! Great depth and seperation for that size coil, so much so that I prefer it over the stock coil. I really think you would be happy with this combo. I would also like to try out the 7" "teardrop" coil that comes on the Tek series detectors.

Hey Bill: I have an F11 coil but it is a screw on type. I am going to get an adapter from Ebay. I am told that shoud work,, Thanks for the info.....Jack

The 4" coil intended for use with the Land Ranger Pro (7.69 kHz) is the ULTRA-4. I stumbled across a review of it on YouTube. It used to be available in the retail channel, but has disappeared. You can still order it directly from First Texas Products. I ordered one for my Land Ranger Pro. It works great.

I have a Land Ranger Pro with the stock coil. I would like a smaller round coil (7 to 8"). I have several smaller coils from other Bounty Hunter push on coils. 2 from the Tracker 4 and 2 other smaller coils. But I only get about 4 inches on a quarter in air test and a lot less in the ground.. Are there other smaller, round coils for Land Ranger that will work good for the Land Ranger Pro. The stock stock coil gives very good depth but I prefer a smaller coil that will work well for the LRP. .
Call first texas, ask them for a push on 5" fisher dd coil. From an f5. The best I think for the lrp.