Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large Cent #15

doninbrewster

Went out detecting for a little while this morning before the heat set in. First coin I pulled, 1819 large cent. Turns out it was the only coin I found. It's a bit toasted, but it is #15 for the year. I've hunted this area a lot, but as I've already pulled up 5 large cents prior as well as a seated half and 2 seated quarters I figured it was worth another shot. I also found some sort of brass plate marked I.Moore. It could be T.Moore, but it's hard to tell. They might have used a broken T punch upside down if their I punch broke. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Congrats. Still waiting for my first LC. Hard to find in Kansas.

Kansas, think ghat would be hard. However, should be overwhelmed with stage coach and ghost towns to hunt. Id trade you in a minute a LC hint for stage or ghost town. I always thought about the dust bowl ghost towns... With all that soil blowing away, targets should be closet to surface ??? Good luck on the LC. Its finny how regions have everyday finds that are rare for other areas. Mid atlantic is full of LC making them a little less interesting. They usually are toast, so basically a copper disk. However, colonial coppers that have any detail are very cool! HH

Don, is it possible that your tag is J.Moore.? There seems to be a period right after Moore so it makes some sense that there is one after the first "letter".
Just sayin....

....could be "1MOORE". What appear to be dots on either side just may be the "feet" on an old style numeral 1. What would really be a hoot is if it was intended to be a very early play on words, i.e., "one more"....some guy named Moore ahead of his time with product branding??

Hard to tell about that first letter. I guess it could be a 1, but after looking again it might be closer to a J. I tried enlarging the name area. Your thoughts?

I'd agree looks like a J to me as well congrats on the LC and Plate

I'm thinking it's "JLMoore".......

An old time pump, valve and fitting manufacturer.

Some nice finds for sure!

HH y'all.

Frank