Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

large slug!

heavymetal

Found this at our local park this afternoon
031512slug.jpg

This is the second bullet I found on that park, the first one was a .45

Any idea what kind of caliber is this?

Looks like a .50 Cal. to me, type used in Browning .50 Cal machine guns.

where i'm from, people under the influence of alcohol during New Year use their firearm for fireworks:thumbdown:

It's a good thing it hit the ground and not somebody's roof!

I can't imagine getting by this thing, it's so heavy!

Hard to tell the caliber without some measurements. I do agree with the speculation on how it got there though. Central Indiana has the same issue with people who shoot into the air at New Years and/or 4th of July or any other reason for that matter. A little alcohol or stupidity and anything can happen. Nobody thinks about where those bullets are going to come down. People can and do get hurt by them.

I experience the same thing, I can never figure out why I find so much ammo in a park.

Kind of hard to tell from the photo, but I don't see any rifling grooves. I don't think it has been shot.

I have also found a lot of ammo in parks. I think it gets there just like coins....dropped out of pockets.