Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Larger Coils on F75

Eliteuser

Anyone using the larger 10x12" 12x15' or 13" coil on their F75? If so can you tell any big difference in depth, tone, etc.?

I am running the 13" Ultimate on my F75 SE. I can handle the weight no problem as it is very light for its size, and I do think I get a slight edge in all metal mode on the targets I am after, which are larger gold nuggets. But it is not a lot, like maybe 10%. In other words instead of 10" on an item with the stock coil maybe 11" with the 13". But every little bit counts.

I tried the Fisher 15" once and sold it. Too heavy.

Steve Herschbach

n/t

Well, I have been hunting fairly mild ground. In bad ground I would not be surprised to see no gain at all.

It's all about the ground.

Steve Herschbach

I think the stock 11" DD is well big enough. I constantly dig old 12 ga shot gun caps, Civil War bullets, etc between 10-12" all the time. Don't know how you can get any deeper than that.