Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Laser B3 the UK version of the Tesoro Bandido coil upgrade..

Mega

Have just acquired a Laser B3 this is the UK version of the Tesoro Bandido,basically they are the same machines but lightly modded inside for our detecting requirements.

These machine albeit being seen as older fashion style wise have become a 'cult' status detector for the more mature detectorist as they are deadly machine on roman and saxon sites,albeit not the deepest machine on the block but it does not miss much within the top 8'' and of course that superb Tesoro discrimination.

The machine that i have just located does not come onto the market very often as folks tend to keep them but to be able to acquire a machine that is about as near perfect as just coming off the production line is un-heard of,so had to buy it.

It comes with the 8'' Brown polo coil which although is a good coil i dont think its the best option for what i require it for on Junky roman sites,so i have done my homework and found that the SEF8x6 5pin coil will fit,this i think will produce a deadly combination on sites that have alot of rubbish as it should give me great target separation.

Not been a keen fan of the Tesoro brown coil as it can false on wet grass,not sure if any of you folk across the pond still use a Bandido or even UK Laser B3 users.

I've owned my original Bandido for almost 15 years, the standard 8" concentric is a very good coil for MY ground. Being upfront, if that was the only coil available it would be OK with me. With different coil techniques like raising the coil a couple of inches above the ground, a person can better pick through the iron trash with it. Another good coil is the out of production 7" concentric, it does not loose much depth compared to the stock coil and picks through the iron nails a little better.

I was lucky about 8 years back and picked up an original Bandido that was obviously a "closet queen":) Depending on the site normally I use the thin profile 8" white doughnut coil with good results and for trashier sites I will use the 5.75" concentric. The ground here in southeast Texas really has no minerals to speak of so I can get decent depth with this older unit and I love the stability. Hope that coil works out for you and HH!

I am so please with this detector than i am seriously thinking about using it as my main one for the next 6 months and with the harvest coming off within the next few months so it will be peak detecting time,i have a fair amount of detectors and the plan was too just use the B3 on specific sites,but i do like a challenge and my way of thinking is that by using this as a general machine i really dont think i will miss much.

Game plan is always carry another backup detector as if you have travelled some mileage to a new site and your main detector developes a fault then you can still carry on detecting.So i will shoot the B3 from the hip and carry my Pulse as a backup,a good gameplan me thinks :thumbup: